Consider the following as you contemplate the scene this week where the jovial White House press corps laughed away serious questions about Iran and the impending doomsday scenario with the Democrat health care plan.
Mein Kampf contains the blueprint of later Nazi propaganda efforts. Assessing his audience, Hitler writes in chapter IV:
“Propaganda must always address itself to the broad masses of the people. (…) All propaganda must be presented in a popular form and must fix its intellectual level so as not to be above the heads of the least intellectual of those to whom it is directed. (…) The art of propaganda consists precisely in being able to awaken the imagination of the public through an appeal to their feelings, in finding the appropriate psychological form that will arrest the attention and appeal to the hearts of the national masses. The broad masses of the people are not made up of diplomats or professors of public jurisprudence nor simply of persons who are able to form reasoned judgment in given cases, but a vacillating crowd of human children who are constantly wavering between one idea and another. (…) The great majority of a nation is so feminine in its character and outlook that its thought and conduct are ruled by sentiment rather than by sober reasoning. This sentiment, however, is not complex, but simple and consistent. It is not highly differentiated, but has only the negative and positive notions of love and hatred, right and wrong, truth and falsehood.”
As to the methods to be employed, he explains:
“Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favourable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side. (…) The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. (…) Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula.”
Fast forward to the June 22nd presser where President Obama needed to provide damage control for his lack of initial response to the Iranian crisis over the stolen election. The White House solution could have been modeled from Mein Kampf as Obama answered a staged question on Iran via a hand picked blogger from the Huffington Post which is apparently the latest (but not solitary) propaganda arm of the Obama White House.
This is an embarrassment, an outrage and a national tragedy because we as a nation allow it to happen. Staged questions in front of the White House press corps could not occur unless there was a complicit media seeking to advance the President’s agenda. Thus we have a colossal deceit on multiple fronts as demonstrated in the same press conference by the fake laughing in response to a question from serious professional reporter Jake Tapper. (listen about 19 seconds into the following video):
Yet the President continues to mislead and the mainstream media laps it up because they are all on the same side. The evidence is clear, whether they are spinning about the steamrolling Waxman-Markey cap and trade bill or the proposed Universal Health Care plan, the White House, Democrats and the media are all working together to mislead the American public. They must be exposed.
Helping to expose the President on this and other world events is the Watcher’s Council that submitted the following for consideration as the week’s best article exposing the week’s biggest weasels.
- The Provocateur – Too Good To Check: How the Conservative Media Unwittingly Smeared ACORN and Handed Them a Gift
- Joshuapundit – Obama’s Press Conference: The Fiction Starts To Crack
- The Razor – Iran and the Seasons of 1989
- Rhymes With Right – NY Times Buries Important Detail In Promoting Another Law Limiting Second Amendment Rights
- Wolf Howling – Obama On Iran: A Broken Moral Compass, A Distorted Perception Of Reality
- The Glittering Eye – Thought Experiment: the Great De-Leveraging
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Why does the Left accept the legitimacy of “elected” dictators so quickly …
- Right Truth – The Fence Sitter
- Soccer Dad – The njdc’s ledge
- Bookworm Room – An Open Letter to the Iranian People
- Mere Rhetoric – It’s Official: Obama Policy Triggers “Most Tense Encounter” In Years Between US And Israel (Plus: Can You Guess MR’s Blind Item?)
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – National Review – Misremembering Reagan
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit and Rhymes With Right- Dry Bones – Obama’s 3 AM Phone Call
- Submitted By: Wolf Howling – Roger Pielke Jr.’s Blog – Obama’s Phil Cooney And The New CCSP Report
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Christopher Badeaux / The New Ledger – Through the Looking Glass With Andrew Sullivan
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – Oliver Kamm – Reaching out to ‘the Muslim world’
- Submitted By: Right Truth – AP – AINA – Unrest could hinder Tehran’s regional goals
- Submitted By: Soccer Dad – Instapundit – Why worry about an EMP attack?
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – The Futurist – Eight Ways to Supercharge the US Economy
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Christopher Hitchens – Persian Paranoia
- Submitted By: The Watcher – Michelle Malkin – Who’s funding the Obamacare Astroturf campaign?