From the mid-70′s to the early 80′s one of the most popular groups was Fleetwood Mac. Not only did they put out the best-selling record of the time, rumors, but their members were involved in many other projects. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham backed up John Stewart in the Midnight Wind. It was after that the pair joined the group that Fleetwood Mac became huge.
She is like a cat in the dark
And then she is the darkness
Rhiannon – Fleetwood Mac
When I was looking this up I learned something impressive about Stevie Nicks.
In late 2004, Nicks began visiting Army and Navy medical centers in Washington, D.C. While visiting wounded service men and women, Nicks became determined to find an object she could leave with each soldier that would raise their spirits, motivate, and give them something to look forward to each day. She eventually decided to purchase hundreds of iPod Nanos, load them with music, artists, and play-lists which she would hand select, and autograph them. She now regularly delivers these tokens of her appreciation, bringing her closest friends to share the experience.
- Rhymes With Right – Obama #15? No Way!
- The Colossus of Rhodey – And the Philly Inquirer wonders why it’s dying a slow death?
- Right Truth - A World Without Islam – Review
- Bookworm Room – New country discovered at the Marin County Fair
- The Glittering Eye – Foundations of Sand
- The Provocateur – Mark Clements and Chicago’s Culture of Torture
- Snapped Shot – D is for Diss
- Joshuapundit – A Partisan Divide On Israel?
- Wolf Howling - Obama’s Lawsuit Against Arizona (Updated)
- Patterico’s Pontifications - Feinstein on Judicial Inexperience, Then and Now submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Common Sense Political Thought – Real, honest-to-God, spending cuts! submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- AIE Center for Defense Studies blog - China Cashes In on Iraq’s Postwar Recovery by Philipp Tomio submitted by Right Truth
- Caroline Glick – Standing down the hanging jury submitted by Bookworm Room
- Zenpundit – Reality, Strategy and Afghanistan: Some Questions submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Stuart Schneiderman – The Hotness Gap submitted by The Provocateur
- Virginia Right! – Obama: Solar Panel $2 Billion Investment Payback in Only 50 Years submitted by Snapped Shot
- Powerline – Had Enough “Hope and Change”? submitted by JoshuaPundit
- The Counterterrorism Blog – Two Major Middle East Terrorist Figures Die in their Safe Havens submitted on behalf of Wolf Howling
- Israel Matzav – Who is orchestrating a US rapprochement with Hezbullah and Hamas? submitted by The Watcher
2 Responses to “Council Submissions July 7, 2010”