Although she may be cute
She’s just a substitute
Because you’re the permanent one..
Tracks of my tears – Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
I was just listening to a CD with some great Motown hits, including the original, Tracks of my Tears. Smokey Robinson is a great songwriter and I say that because I think that there is no better pop song than “My Girl.” Recently though, I learned that it’s not just his songwriting that set him apart. Here’s Pete Townshend of The Who:
The lyric, so applauded by rock critics, was thrown together very quickly. Smokey Robinson sang the word ‘substitute’ so perfectly in TRACKS OF MY TEARS- my favorite song at the time- that I decided to celebrate the word itself with a song all its own.
I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth
Substitute – The Who
OK. Enough music. On to this week’s submissions.
- Mere Rhetoric – Israel Publishes Gaza Travel Guidebook For Pro-Hamas Freedom Flotilla
- Bookworm Room – Memorial Day Post : The Warriors Among Us
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The White House and Joe Sestak — so what?
- The Razor – If You Want to a Degree in Religious and Women’s Studies…
- Rhymes With Right – Michael Berry Speaks Stupidly
- Wolf Howling – Obama, Turkey and Israel
- The Provocateur – Word Games in the GWOT
- Joshuapundit – Israel And The West’s Dilemma – The Storm Before The Dawn
- Right Truth – A Time to Betray – A review
Non Council Submissions
- Elder of Ziyon – Syrian newspaper: Hezbollah has a 300 km missile Submitted by Mere Rhetoric
- Contentions/Max Boot – Israel can win every battle but still lose the war Submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Weekly Standard Blog – The Terror Finance Flotilla Submitted by the Colossus of Rhodey
- Katie, The Pirate King – What do you do When Your Church Leaves You? Submitted by The Razor
- The Anchoress – Pray for Nancy Pelosi Submitted by Rhymes with Right
- EU Referendum – Deliberately Provocative Submitted by Wolf Howling
- Dick Morris – Issue Trifecta Driving Obama Down Submitted by The Provocateur
- American Digest – Small Flags Submitted by JoshuaPundit
- Zenpundit – Israel Does Not Understand 4GW Submitted on behalf of Right Truth
- Rubin Reports - Sympathy for the Devil and the Gaza Sea Confrontation: How Can Helping a Repressive Fascist, Genocide-Intending Hamas Regime be Innocent? Submitted by The Watcher
7 Responses to “Council Submissions June 2, 2010”