Today is a very busy day for Americans. Across the country “right wing extremists”, i.e. Americans opposed to the Obama administration’s disastrous economic policies, are holding Tax Day Tea Parties.
Detractors on the left, especially those in the mainstream media have decided they dislike this event so much that they have resorted to calling these protests “tea bagging”; something most of them probably know about from first hand experience if I had to wager a bet; especially Anderson Cooper and Jane Hamsher. With the exception of Hamsher this is a sure sign that they are worried about grass roots efforts in opposition to “The Socialist One”. (as far as Hamsher goes I think it just might be envy considering her high profile appearance at the left’s failed April 11th protest of dozens).
In any event the right wing terrorists did exactly what terrorists usually do and held food drives, protested peacefully and did the un-American thing and practiced their right of free speech. Michelle Malkin has great coverage as usual.
Meanwhile the left got their panties all up in a bunch over such displays. The Washington Post followed the lead of many by citing manufactured polls showing support for bigger government and screeds like “41 percent of respondents believe lower-income people are paying their “fair share” of taxes, while 39 percent say they’re paying “too much.””
The Secret Service shut down a Washington protest in front of the White House; something that has Obama’s dictation takers over at the Huffington Post reporting with glee.
The New York Times lent its anemic staff to an even more anemic report that tried to argue that the protests were backed by big money on the right. This from a newspaper that gave MoveOn.org a discount to attack American Hero General David Petraeus; as if the New York Times had any credibility to start with.
All in a days work!
Speaking of work don’t miss this week’s submissions by the Watcher’s Council. They are all a great read and will be voted on Thursday evening. Until then, don’t let the left get you down!
- Right Truth – Radical Leftist Appointments
- Joshuapundit – A Few Inconvenient Truths About Israel And ‘Settlements’
- Rhymes With Right – Lege Considering Campus Carry Bill, Chron Says “No”
- Bookworm Room – Separation does not mean destruction
- The Glittering Eye – Majority of Those Who Pay No Income Taxes Believe the Tax System is Fair
- Mere Rhetoric – Obama Refuses To Visit Normandy Memorial Because It Might Offend Germany
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Do we really need fear Republicans shooting up the place?
- The Provocateur – Krugman, the Tea Parties, and Alinsky’s Rule #13
- The Razor – What is a Man?
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Dr. Melissa Clouthier – Tea Parties And Liberal Angst
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – Shrinkwrapped – On demographics And Meaning, Part IV
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – Gay Patriot – Anti-Tea Party Hysteria: Opposition to Big Government Doesn’t Meet Netroots Standard for Acceptable Political Grievances
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Jerusalem Post – Caroline Glick – Surviving in a post-American world
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Information Dissemination – Observing the Obama Administration Somali Piracy Policy
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Mark Steyn – Our Reprimitivized Future
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – The Times Online – From Fatwa to Jihad: The Rushdie Affair and Its Legacy by Kenan Malik
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – New Ledger – The PUMA: GM Has a good PR Day
- Submitted By: The Razor – Macs Mind – About that Obama Iraq Visit
- Submitted By: The Watcher – American Thinker – DHS, ‘Rightwing Extremism’ and Information Warfare