For the second day in a row I got up at 4:30 in the morning to plow the snow out of my driveway. Yesterday morning I had about 6 inches worth of heavy powder and it was a real bear. The temperature was 9° and a wind chill at minus 12°. Whoa, that’s cold!
This morning we had a repeat performance with a little added gusting. Approximately 4 inches was added to the snow that was already on my plot and the wind was making it insufferable. I cleared a small area because it was still snowing and it quickly filled back in. We expect 6 more inches this morning.
I mention this because some scientists are claiming that global warming scare mongers have gotten it so wrong that they are ignoring what may potentially be a new ice age! And so the cycle of scare mongering repeats itself.
Chicago Meteorologist Tom Skilling notes that the 2008/2009 winter season is quickly heading to be the snowiest on record.
Winter 2008-09 to date is already one of the snowiest on record, and that lofty total should climb substantially by the end of the week. Chicago is poised to eclipse the 38-inch total that normally falls during an entire snow season as early as Monday night.
Still scientists with a vested interest in getting funding and being right due to past predictions are saying that the current cold trend is just temporary. Still the AGW scaremonger crowd is ignoring the fact that global sea ice levels have already increased back to the level they were in 1979.
Thanks to a rapid rebound in recent months, global sea ice levels now equal those seen 29 years ago, when the year 1979 also drew to a close.
Ice levels had been tracking lower throughout much of 2008, but rapidly recovered in the last quarter. In fact, the rate of increase from September onward is the fastest rate of change on record, either upwards or downwards.
Why were predictions so wrong? Researchers had expected the newer sea ice, which is thinner, to be less resilient and melt easier. Instead, the thinner ice had less snow cover to insulate it from the bitterly cold air, and therefore grew much faster than expected, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center.
This demonstrates that scientists are not in consensus and still struggle to understand climate change. Yet politicians are moving faster with their carbon trading ponzi scheme. As they say, a sucker is born every minute.
Please enjoy this week’s submissions.
- The Glittering Eye – Wealth
- The Colossus of Rhodey – ABC’s ‘Ugly Americans’: Obnoxious George Bush Supporters
- Mere Rhetoric – Media Outlets Can’t Get Over The Tactical Brilliance Of Hamas’s Use Of Human Shields
- The Provocateur – Some Perspective on the Great Loan Modification Scam
- Bookworm Room – Looking for Insults
- Right Truth – America Said NO
- Soccer Dad – Both sides now
- Rhymes With Right – Representation By The Numbers
- Cheat-Seeking Missiles – As BHO Channels FDR, Worries Grow
- The Razor – Three Shocks For New Doctors
- Joshuapundit – The Hidden Story On Gaza
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – Robert Avrech/Big Hollywood – The Real Battle Of Algiers, Part 2
- Submitted By: Soccer Dad – Daled Amos – Did Monty Python Negotiate Israel’s Ceasefire?
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – NewsBusters – AP Describes Black Minister’s Mockery of Whites as Not Right As ‘Note of Racial Caution’
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Pajamas Media – We Have Overcome Today
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Badger Blogger – A call to action for Wisconsin conservatives
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Middle East Forum – Syria Can’t Be Flipped
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – BookForum.com – Onward and Downward
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Jeff Jacoby’s Pundicity – Questions for Obama’s science guy
- Submitted By: Cheat-Seeking Missiles – Armed and Dangerous – Gramscian Damage
- Submitted By: Right Truth – African Crisis – Zimbabwe: Mugabe accuses the Whites of trying to Foment unrest – Campaign to Intimidate & arrest the last few Whites
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – Washington Post – Voting Rights Anachronism