Please enjoy this week’s winners in our weekly contest in search of articles that best expose the Weasels in the World.
Bookworm took the title of winning council entry with a recounting of a conversation she had with a physician in favor of Obama Care. The important thing I took away from the article was that the physician did not appear to be particularly knowledgeable on the proposed takeover by the Democrats yet still supported the grab even when faced with facts that should give pause.
On the Non-Council side zenpundit discusses a minimalist strategy for winning the war on terror with a particular emphasis on Afghanistan. ZP also discusses why Afghanistan is in America’s interests in a well thought out essay on the necessity of winning in Afghanistan for the sake of defeating global terrorism.
When comparing the two topics it occurred to me that ideologues do not have the word minimalist in their catalog of strategies for success. This may be the undoing of the Obama health care initiative. Their “all or nothing” approach puts a spotlight on their agenda and is particularly damaging for an administration that is losing more and more credibility as each day passes.
Please enjoy this week’s winning entries:
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 1/3 points! – Bookworm Room – The view from the other side re health care
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – Mere Rhetoric – Human Rights Watch Earns Their Saudi Pay, Publishes Another Thinly-Sourced Report Demonizing Israel
- Third place with 1 points – (T*) – Right Truth – We have an opportunity to prevent a disaster
- Third place with 1 points – (T*) – The Glittering Eye – The Healthcare Reform We Need
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Joshuapundit – ‘Moderate’ Fatah Declares War On Israel
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Soccer Dad – Still stuck on “moderate”
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – Rhymes With Right – About The Gun-Toters At Town Halls And Presidential Events
Winning Non-Council Submissions
- First place with 2 points! – zenpundit – On Afghanistan and Strategy
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Victor Davis Hanson – Our Ongoing Catharsis
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – The Atlantic Online – How American Health Care Killed My Father
- Third place with 1 points – Open Democracy – The Arab future: conspiracy vs reality
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – Kausfiles – Edwards’ Love Child: Mandatory Gloating Edition
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – (T*) – The Grouch at Right Truth – I’m a Greedy SOB
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – (T*) – Yaacov Lozowick’s Ruminations – Law and Occupation
5 Responses to “Ideologues are not Minimalists”