Hello council fans. Christmas is quickly approaching our wintery wonderland and I couldn’t help but wonder where all the global warming went. Especially considering that I spent hours digging out from a Midwest snow storm that crippled the region. Yes, despite the fact that 2008 will be the coldest year since 1997 global warming aficionados are still whipping it up with the “yeah but’s”. In fact the next decade is projected to be colder and wetter than normal but that will give way to even warmer trends that are of course caused by man if we are to believe the soon to be carbon trading crowd.
It always seemed odd to me that the current cold spell is being characterized as a naturally occurring cyclical event while I am stretched to find the same people defining warming trends in the same light.
I make these observations in light of President elect Obama’s new energy secretary Steven Chu. If you want to know why the press is showing this guy with accolades you need to look past his Nobel prize winning research and read how he proposes a large tax for people wanting SUV’s based on the flimsy excuse of safety. In the article referenced Chu doesn’t actually address the issue of safety honestly, instead preferring to further the dated notion that SUV’s aren’t any safer than cars. But the safety of SUV’s has improved greatly since the NHTSA started including rollover ratings in their tests and manufacturers began putting crumple zones in SUV’s. A sweeping statement by Chu can only be viewed as liberal gobbledygook rather than a well qualified discussion based on many variables; something a scientist would know how to do quite well. Yes, some things never change, and the left will drag you out of your SUV one way or another.
Speaking of exposing weasels, please enjoy this week’s submissions:
- The Provocateur – The Irony of Me, Barack Obama,Regulations, and Loan Modifications
- Rhymes With Right – Sense At Daily Kos?
- Bookworm Room – Selfish is as selfish does
- Joshuapundit – Newsweak Shills For Same Sex Marriage – In It’s Religion Section!
- The Razor – Bush’s Automaker Bailout
- The Colossus of Rhodey – How dumb was this?
- Cheat-Seeking Missiles – Dubai’s Lobbyist As Climate Czar?
- The Glittering Eye – The Ministry of Silly Suggestions
- Soccer Dad – Falk – moonbattery a feature not a bug
- Right Truth – Death With Dignity
- Mere Rhetoric – Obama: Since We All Know That Engagement With Iran Won’t Work, How About A US Nuclear Umbrella For Israel?
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – Dick Morris – The Collapse of Our Enemies
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – Althouse – AG Lisa Madigan’s argument to the Illinois Supreme Court about ousting Governor Blagojevich
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Biz Lizards – American Special Forces in Afghanistan Accidentally Defend Themselves
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – ShrinkWrapped – Some Disparate Dots
- Submitted By: The Razor – Real Physics – Power or Reason
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – Yourish.com – Euphemism of the year: Suicide bombings are “Violent, politically motivated attacks”
- Submitted By: Cheat-Seeking Missiles – The Brussels Journal – On Deconstructing the Majority: Nothing To Do With Islam? Really?
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Pundita – To the man who threw his shoes at President Bush and missed
- Submitted By: Soccer Dad – Treppenwitz – Some points worth making
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Fore-Left – Tamm Exposed
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Danger Room – IRA Historian: Today’s Terrorists Are ‘Amateurs’ – and Still Deadly
- Submitted by The Watcher – Wizbang – We’re Mad As Hell, And We’re Not Gonna Take It Anymore!