Another week has passed and the Watchers Council has decided upon the week’s best articles as determined by sifting through last week’s great list of submissions.
On the winning council side Joshua Pundit helps expose the Soros funded, self proclaimed “pro-Israel”, JStreet organization as the true surreptitious anti-Israel bunch of libtards that it is.
When you get beyond the kumbaya language and actually click on the links to their policy positions,you find the real truth.Not only is J Street ant-Israel, but borderline anti-Semitic.Considering that George Soros is a major funder and they have a number of Arab, pro-Arab and Iranian donors, that’s to be expected.
In essence, J Street supports the Saudi ‘peace’ ultimatum, including the creation of thousands of Jewish refugees by uprooting them from their homes in Judea and Samaria(AKA the West Bank), the redividing of Jerusalem and the admission of Arab ‘refugees’ into Israel. There’s not a single word or mention I could find concerning any compensation or recognition for the almost 1 million Jewish refugees of the 1948 conflict.
J Street is fully on board with the Obama Administration’s extreme positions, including the racist attitude of telling Jews where they may live and build simply because they’re Jews. That’s known as a ‘complete settlement freeze’ in their lingo.
In fact, while J Street supports Arab apartheid in Judea, Samaria and East Jerusalem, there’s not a single word about Israel as a Jewish State, merely as a ‘democratic home.’
They also demand what they term ‘a new peace treaty’ between Israel and Syria, without mentioning that Syria’s dictator Bashir Assad has stated repeatedly that Israel would need to give up the strategic Golan Heights to Syria and Hezbollah before any negotiations even commence.
And on Iran, J Street applauds the Obama Administration’s diplomatic engagement with the Mullahs and opposes harsh sanctions, let alone any military response to Iran’s growing nuclear capacity.
In fact, that’s what J Street is ultimately about. It was created simply as a fig leaf for the Obama Administration’s questionable positions on Israel. As they put it, “Providing President Obama with support as he pursues the two-state solution will be J Street’s number one priority in 2009 and 2010.”
Here’s a perplexing question for koolaid drinking supporters of the new liberalism. If your left leaning ideology is so good and widely embraced why do you always have to hide behind tricky labels and false mission statements?
No answer? That’s what I thought.
On the winning non-council side JamieWearing Fool exposes another hypocrisy being practiced by the Obama administration and asks why GE, the company that owns pro-Obama mouthpieces Chris Matthskews and Keith Olberslime, are allowed to opt out of the government rules that other stimulus money recipients are saddled down with.
Since the government is now deciding who gets paid what at companies that received bailouts, it begs the questions: Why are employees of General Electric, owner of MSNBC, Obama’s favorite network, exempt from these pay cuts?
Oh, they have a loophole as noted in this item from a few months back? How convenient.
General Electric, the world’s largest industrial company, has quietly become the biggest beneficiary of one of the government’s key rescue programs for banks.
At the same time, GE has avoided many of the restrictions facing other financial giants getting help from the government.
The company did not initially qualify for the program, under which the government sought to unfreeze credit markets by guaranteeing debt sold by banking firms. But regulators soon loosened the eligibility requirements, in part because of behind-the-scenes appeals from GE.
As a result, GE has joined major banks collectively saving billions of dollars by raising money for their operations at lower interest rates. Public records show that GE Capital, the company’s massive financing arm, has issued nearly a quarter of the $340 billion in debt backed by the program, which is known as the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program, or TLGP. The government’s actions have been “powerful and helpful” to the company, GE chief executive Jeffrey Immelt acknowledged in December.
Unlike other major lenders participating in the debt guarantee program, including Bank of America, Citigroup and J.P. Morgan Chase, GE has never been subject to the Fed’s stress tests or its rules for limiting risk. Also unlike firms that have received bailout money in the Troubled Assets Relief Program, or TARP, GE is not subject to restrictions such as limits on executive compensation.
Good questions. Not holding my breath for the most transparent administration in American history to provide an explanation. Perhaps they will shovel it to GE.
Congratulations to all of this week’s winners.
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 1 2/3 points! – Joshuapundit – J Street – A Particularly Nasty Dead End To Be Avoided
- Second place with 1 1/3 point – Bookworm Room – The march of the thought police
- Third place with 1 point – (T*) – The Glittering Eye – Are We Promoting Our Grand Strategy?
- Third place with 1 point – (T*) – Mere Rhetoric – Lefty Meme Congeals: The Real War Is In Pakistan Not Afghanistan
- Fourth place with 1/3 point – Rhymes With Right – And To Think The Average Income Of American Families Dropped By 3.6%
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 points! – JammieWearingFool – Why Is GE Exempt From Government-Ordered Pay Cuts?
- Second place with 1 1/3 point – The Augean Stables – Investigate the investigators: A time to rebuke Goldstone
- Third place with 1 point – Riehl World View – Exclusive: How The NRCC Bungled NY – 23
- Fourth place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Thomas Sowell at Real Clear Politics – Dismantling America
- Fourth place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Daniel W. Drezner – Theory of International Politics and Zombies
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – (T*) – Mercury News – Racial Skirmishes in our Own House
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – (T*) – GM’s Place – Splitting: Fox News and the White House
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – (T*) – The Tygrrrr Express – Why not just kill all conservatives?
3 Responses to “J Street Exposed and American Taxpayers Fund GE, AKA The New Air America”