This week’s winning council votes are in and the council has spoken with a unanimous approval, giving the nod to two articles that completely dismantle the myth of Obama the Great and supplanting that false idea with one more rooted in reality.
While I haven’t found any official definition for the media’s love affair with Barack Obama I believe I can sum it up as follows:
Obamamania -noun [Obam-uh-mey-nee-uh, Obam-uh-meyn-yuh]
- The act of inferring greatness out of thin air: Barack Obama stands tall with the greatest Presidents this nation has ever seen, rivaling George Washington , FDR and Abraham Lincoln in terms of accomplishment by lifting the country out of it’s deep despair just by being elected.
- Psychiatry. Manic disorder. A type of affective disorder characterized by euphoric mood, excessive activity and talkativeness, impaired judgment, and sometimes psychotic symptoms, as grandiose delusions.
Case in point is the media push for the new New Deal; completely ignoring the negative affects that FDR’s policies had on the nation such as not reducing unemployment and erecting protectionist concessions to unions that stifled competition and, according to some, resulted in a depression that lasted almost 7 years longer than it would have had the government stayed out. Winning council member Joshua Pundit compares the policies of Barack Obama to that of FDR and extrapolates them to a much more apt comparison by looking at Tony Blair and the UK.
Non-Council winner American Digest imagines what Abraham Lincoln would say today about the way Barack Obama continues to divide this nation even though he hides behind flowery rhetoric and false promise.
Our blind and complacent Obama-boosting media thinks Obama’s superior talent shining forth from the Oval Office can alone revive other nations’ love and respect for America.
Does Obama actually believe a revival of this love and respect is actually approaching? He has said so but, as with other things he has said, with no firm conviction but with doe-eyed sincerity. Does he really think so?
For years he has labored to prove it a sacred obligation of America to place its safety and security under the smothering hands of idle talk and the United Nations. Can he possibly show that it is less a sacred duty for his own nation to defend itself at anytime and by any means if it perceives a threat to its very existence and to millions of American lives?
President Obama holds, as he has repeatedly told us and demonstrated, that a man may rightfully be wiser to-day than he was yesterday — that he may rightfully change when he finds himself wrong.
But can we, for that reason run ahead, and infer that he will make any particular and specific change, of which he himself has given no intimation or example?
Can we safely base the safety of our cities, our people and the future of our Republic upon any such vague utterances as he may from time to time emit?
Whenever, if ever, he and we can come together on principle, so that our cause may have assistance from his great speaking ability and the experience of a few brief years in the Senate I hope to have interposed no adventitious obstacle.
But, clearly, Obama is not now with us — he does not pretend to be, he does not promise ever to be.
Please enjoy all of this week’s winners:
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 points! – Joshuapundit – Obama’s Model – And No, It’s Not FDR
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Soccer Dad – What could be worse than Hamas?
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – The Provocateur – A Battle For Small Government in Cheboygan County, Mi.
- Third place with 1 points – Cheat-Seeking Missiles – MSM Yawns As NY Muslim Beheads Wife
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – The Glittering Eye – Stacking the Deck
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Right Truth – Unwillingness of the good to serve evil
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – Rhymes With Right – A Double Standard
Winning Non-Council Submissions
- First place with 2 1/3 points! – American Digest – A House Divided A Century and a Half Later: What Lincoln Would Say Were He Speaking Today
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – Bat Yeor in the NRO – Geert Wilders and the Fight for Europe
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – NewsBusters – Left-Wing Radio Host Mike Malloy: Republicans are ‘Domestic Terrorists’
- Fourth place with 1 points – (T*) – Counterterrorism Blog – Iran’s New Satellites: The Pasdaran in Space
- Fourth place with 1 points – (T*) – The New Ledger – Deconstructing Paul Krugman
- Fifth place with 2/3 point – Doug Ross’s Journal – Star Trek: The Stimulus Doomsday Machine