Update: The Department of Ed made a change to the original lesson plan. Original instructions to have students “write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president” has been changed to “Write letters to themselves about how they can achieve their short-term and long-term education goals.”
Parents can also see a pre-released copy of the speech on Monday. The speech will be televised live on C-SPAN at 12:00 noon ET.
The change in the lesson plan is much appreciated. I urge parents to ask questions and stay involved. Talk to your children about the event if your school participates so they understand your objections.
Note that Democrats are once again attacking Republicans over the outcry proving that some people just don’t get it.
Democratic strategist Chris Lehane said the protest against the presidential speech “shows at some level how desperate the right is to find an issue to challenge Obama on…They have gotten some traction on health care, but the mere fact that they have jumped on this reflects that this is a party without a voice. Are they going to run in the mid-terms on a ‘Presidents shouldn’t talk to kids’ platform?”
If he thinks I am desperate he is wrong. That kind of rhetoric merely solidifies my belief that Democrats will take every opportunity possible to mischaracterize legitimate concerns from average citizens for their own perceived political gain. It is the very reason I was concerned in the first place because supporters of the Democrat agenda have no problem using children as a tool to further it.
Will I keep my kids out of school? I will know that once I speak to my child’s school principal (she hasn’t been available over the last two days). If I can’t contact her I will get an answer from someone in the district today.
If the speech is not politicized and is a simple tool to push a message of education that sits better with me. My biggest concern is with teachers that could implement their own agenda. I think staying involved and voicing your concerns to the district will go a long way toward preventing that from happening.
Original article below:
President Barack Obama continues his massive expansion of statism by charging his comrade Arnie Duncan at the Department of Education with implementing a plan to indoctrinate our children into the Obama ranks via a nationwide address and set of lesson plans targeted at kids pre-K through grade 12. (h/t Talk Radio and Soda Head)
I urge everyone with school age children to contact the supervisor of your district and your child’s school principal to determine if your child’s school is participating in this plan that would be rightfully decried had it been attempted by any republican.
If your child’s school is participating in this deceitful political ploy you should send a message to your school by keeping your children at home on Tuesday (consider it a 4 day vacation!) Make it very clear that you will not allow them to indoctrinate your kids into the Obama army.
The U.S. Department of Education, apparently with the expanded role of overtly propagandizing America’s youngsters, has thoughtfully prepared “learning materials” for teachers to use in preparation for this historic and truly unprecedented event. They have been very thorough, preparing “Classroom Materials” in two separate packages, one directed at children “preK-6, the other of students in grades 7-12. Note: “preK-6” implies that the Dear Beloved Leader anticipates his message being broadcast to pre-kindergarten children.
A simple look at the Pre-K package contains the following questions that teachers should ask of children in preparation for the nationally beamed in speech (repeat questions are not mistakes on my part, they are in the package):
Before the speech:
- Who is the President of the United States?
- What do you think it takes to be President?
- To whom do you think the President is going to be speaking?
- Why do you think he wants to speak to you?
- What do you think he will say to you?
During the speech:
- What is the President trying to tell me?
- What is the President asking me to do?
After the speech:
- What do you think the President wants us to do?
- Does the speech make you want to do anything?
- Are we able to do what President Obama is asking of us?
This is underhanded. It is not like we are talking about a civics class to high school children that can understand the nuances of political pandering. We are talking a nation of school children, pre-K and up, with their heads being filled about Obama this and Obama that. “What would Obama Do?” is the theme of the day.
The left is predictably wailing with their panties all in a bunch at the thought of keeping kids out of school on this national day of indoctrination.
These hateful Republicans are out of their cotton-picking minds. What they are doing is inciting people or a person to act on their hate. It is clear they want someone, anyone to assassinate this president.
While the school day speech is clearly not on the level of Hitler’s Nazi education schemes it is easy to see that many of Obama’s followers are unhinged idiots.
Imagine that your objections to the politicization of your child’s education is met by Obama supporters with such asinine claims. If YOU don’t want your kids to be subjected to the Democrat agenda in school YOU are guilty of wanting to kill the President. This is the same sort of propaganda used by the
Obama Hitler Youth to intimidate non-believers into falling in line. There are parallels. The difference is that the Obama Youth at Media Matters do this willingly; just at they willingly joined Obama’s internet snitch brigade. They are products of a liberal education. Obama is just stepping it up a notch.
There is no way that my kids will participate in such rubbish.
- Obama to Address Nation’s School Children at Traction Control
- Stop The ACLU
- Right Wing News
- Health Care BS – SENIORS FRET AS OBAMA RECRUITS KIDS
- Suffer The Little Children? « The Clampdown
- Indocrination Of School Kids « Tarpon’s Swamp
- My Picks « The Augur’s Well
- Wednesday, September 2, 2009 — ExposeTheMedia.com
- COACHEP » Blog Archive » Posts about Obama Health Care Failure as of September 2, 2009
- The Other McCain: ‘Ask not what your president can do for you. Ask what you can do . . .’
- On Sept. 8, 2009, Obama will address America’s School Children Across The Entire Nation – Politics and Other Controversies – Page 3 – City-Data Forum
- Michelle Malkin » Flashback: Bill Ayers declares education “the motor-force of revolution”
- Obama wants US to leave HIS kids alone… « from the foothills
- » He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future. NoisyRoom.net: Where liberty dwells, there is my country…
- Young Prince Gets a P.A.S.S. (Parentally Approved Skip School Day) Sept. 8th ….almost! « Temple of Mut
- Obama: No Child Propaganda Left Behind
- Are We Lumberjacks?
- On Sept. 8, 2009, Obama will address America’s School Children Across The Entire Nation – Politics and Other Controversies – Page 5 – City-Data Forum
- Michelle Malkin » “I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama”
- Obama Youth – Obama to indoctrinate kids on Sep 8 | Fire Andrea Mitchell!