This week’s Weasels have been spotted and the verdict is in. Democrat liberals who get more ignorant and stupid as time goes on have finally discovered what it’s like to have their own tactics thrown back in their faces. Guess what. They don’t like it. (by this I mean becoming a vocal opposition as opposed to the left’s playbook of lying to defeat an opponent).
As a result of swallowing a bit of their own medicine they have descended into the gutter; charging all opponents of Barack Obama’s socialist manifesto of being racist. To which I say, eat me. It won’t work. Neither I, the Tea Party protesters or members of the Watcher Council will be cowed by false charges of race baiting half wits on the left whether they are on a blog, part of the mainstream media or in Congress. This only builds our resolve and strengthens our coalition. The next election is not that far away and we will not forget this disgusting charge or become complacent at the voting booth.
Topping this week’s contest on the council side we have Bookworm who admits that she has a serious problem with Barack Obama’s color. But it’s not quite as the nutroots would imagine:
I have a confession to make. Here it is. All of the liberal pundits are correct. I do have a big problem, a really big problem, with Obama’s color. But my problem isn’t the color of Obama’s skin, which is completely irrelevant to me. Instead, it’s with the color of his politics. With every passing day, Obama is proving to be an old-fashioned Red – a true, bone-deep socialist.
Obama’s relentless push to place place our economy in the government’s hands, whether directly or indirectly, shows that he is a socialist. Obama’s political advisors (Valerie Jarrett, Van Jones, etc.), many of whom hew, not just to the Left, but to the far Left, show that he is a socialist. Obama’s disdain for free speech, demonstrated by his repeated statements that his opponents should shut up, and his support for people who want to destroy talk radio, show that he is a socialist. Obama’s affinity for and deference to dictators shows that he is a socialist. Obama’s manifest hostility to our traditional Democratic allies (most notably Israel and England) shows that he is a socialist. Obama’s non-religious support for totalitarian Islamic governments is a good hint that he is a socialist, since the Left has long been in bed with those entities, since they, like the Left, are hostile to America. Obama’s manifest disdain for America, bastion of capitalism and freedom, shows that he is a socialist. And Obama’s life-long mentors (Frank Marshall Davis, Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dohrn, Jeremiah Wright) all of whom are active Communists, socialists or America haters, shows that he is a socialist.
On the non-council side the Watchers selected James O’Keefe for his Big Government article that explains the tactics behind his and Hannah Giles approach to their now famous undercover ACORN Sting.
We gave ACORN a taste of its own medicine. ACORN was alleged to be thug-like, criminal, and nefarious. This criminal behavior was evidenced by a video of Baltimore ACORN community organizers breaking the locks on foreclosed homes. Instead of railing against their radicalism, it is best to bring out this type of radicalism. Hannah Giles and I took advantage of ACORN’s regard for thug criminality by posing the most ridiculous criminal scenario we could think of and seeing if they would comply–which they did without hesitation.
Additionally, instead of focusing on foreclosure itself, which has become seemingly as politicized as abortion, we focused on crimes more difficult for the left to defend: trafficking of young helpless girls and tax evasion. The first group represents the severely disadvantaged, the second a threat to the distribution of wealth.
While manipulation or entrapment occurs when people are encouraged to do things they otherwise wouldn’t, the pre-set trap is their own. These tactics allow the viewer to see ACORN’s soul; their playing field and their morality, out in the open. Their system is based on conflict and change for its own sake. This system is based on totalitarian principles and class war techniques. These people understand pressure, power and self-interest. When the Baltimore employees saw we were shady dealers, their instincts clicked in, as we were prime recruits.
Please enjoy all the winning entries and join us next week for a new contest to spot the best articles that expose the week’s biggest weasels.
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 points! – Bookworm Room – Liberals are correct: I have a serious problem with Obama’s color
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Rhymes With Right – A Reflection On The First Anniversary Of Hurricane Ike
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – The Razor – Why Obama Ignores the War in Afghanistan
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – Mere Rhetoric – Arab World Pretty Psyched About Swedish “Organ Theft” Blood Libel, Palestinians Launch Formal Investigation
- Fourth place with 1 points – Joshuapundit – A Tale Of Two Hurricanes
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – (T*) – Soccer Dad – When your enemy’s a light bulb
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – (T*) – The Provocateur – The Unholy Alliance of General Electric and Dr. Anna Chacko
Winning Non-Council Submissions
- First place with 2 1/3 points! – Big Government – Chaos for Glory: My Time With ACORN
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – Sultan Knish – The Future of the War on Terror, is the War on Islam
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – Victor Davis Hanson – The Lamentations of the Elite – Has Obama made things better or worse for America’s race relations?
- Fourth place with 1 points – Michael Yon – Pedros
- Fifth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – The Terror Wonk Plus – Assessing Counter-Terror Since 9/11
- Fifth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – The Powers That Be – Jimmy Carter is Black
- Fifth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – PowerLine – Political discourse is flat, or would be if autocrats would only impose Thomas Friedman’s way
- Sixth place with 1/3 points – (T*) – Real Clear Politics – The Best Health Care Plan You’ve Never Heard Of
- Sixth place with 1/3 points – (T*) – Qantara.de – False Friends