I have a confession to make. I used to watch 60 minutes when I was a young uninformed kid and on into my early college days (still very much uninformed). I had little choice. At home it was a favorite of the adults that watched over us. In college it was always on in the end lounge. I don’t know why. Perhaps it was because people thought they were learning something useful or informed. Turns out we were wrong.
Nowadays I know better. You couldn’t pay me to watch the Sunday night version of the The View meets MSNBC.
After this week’s contest it is clear that one would be challenged to get anything of value from the warped leftist worldview being spewed by the producers of 60 minutes. But that is the challenge every week. This week’s challenge was to find any scintilla of truth from their less than enlightening report from Gaza. If context is everything 60 Minutes is nothing.
Don’t believe me. Go over to winning council member Joshua Pundit and watch how transparent 60 Minutes is in their latest on air attempt to stick it in the back of Israel. Watch the video, pay special attention to the duh factor of Robert Anderson as he sits outside a Palestinian house wondering why the IDF special forces don’t want to be interviewed by the twit. There is stupidity and then there is that moment. Anderson made the Housewives of Orange County look smart by comparison.
On the same theme we have winning non-council member Cheslar Chronicles that explains why the IDF pulled out of Gaza and how that move translates to a win for Israel. The time for conventional wars has passed, especially in an area of the world where you are fighting an idea every much as you are fighting a terrorist.
Congrats to this week’s winners. Enjoy and share.
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 points! – Joshuapundit - “60 Minutes” Libels Jews And Israel
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Cheat-Seeking Missiles - Fair Treatment of Prisoners
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Mere Rhetoric - Austrian Jews Too Terrified To List Their Children As Jewish (Plus: Europe Reaches An Anti-Jewish Tipping Point)
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – The Razor - Spending Bill: $200,000 per job
- Fourth place with 1 points – (T*) – The Provocateur - ACORN and Alinsky Rule #13
- Fourth place with 1 points – (T*) – The Glittering Eye - Why What, When, and How Matters in a Stimulus Package
- Fifth place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Bookworm Room - Economic incest
- Fifth place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Rhymes With Right - MSNBC Host Calls For Gagging, Deporting, GOP Dissenter
- Fifth place with 2/3 point – (T*) – Soccer Dad - Voting for war
- Sixth place with 1/3 point – The Colossus of Rhodey - “Hate speech” definition expanding again
Winning Non-Council Submissions
- First place with 2 points! – Chesler Chronicles at Pajamas Media - Conventional versus Non-Conventional Warfare and Why Israel Did Not Lose in Gaza
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – American Thinker - Change: The First Three Weeks
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Nat Hentoff/Cato Institute - Th eCost Of Criticizing Jihadists
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – (T*) – Roadsassy - Truth Be Told: Calling a Spade a Spade
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – (T*) – Norm Geras - One-Eyed in Gaza
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – (T*) – Reason.com - The Next Catastrophe
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – TCS Daily - Multiplier Madness
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Augean Stables - Time Magazine and Palestinian Sources: On the Origins of Modern Blood Libels
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – Debbie Schlussel - What Would Lincoln Do?: Celebrating Eternal Welfare Queen John Dingell; Anti-Israel Rep. Doesn’t Live Up to the Daddy My Grandpa Knew