Circumstance has forced my hand
To be a cut price person in a low budget land
Times are hard but we’ll all survive
I just got to learn to economize
This week’s winner is the fine satire by newest council member American Digest, The Barrel of GoogleRands about how hard it is to get ahead these days – and in the future too if every single government program considered by the Democrats is implemented. We might be headed for extended periods of low budgets.
On the non-council side the winning post is the historical tour de force, Fitzgerald: The New York Times, and That Business At the Cathedral In Cordoba at the Winds of Jihad. The post takes us through the shameful whitewashing of the Muslim world that the NYT foists upon its readers. As Sheikh Yermani observes, to portray Cordoba as a multicultural Garden of Eden 900 years ago, requires some serious ignorance. Council friend Robert Avrech wrote the dialog for a short movie and comic book about Maimonides – or the Rambam – that dramatically illustrates how multicultural the Almohads were.
For a complete listing of this week’s excellent submissions, see here.
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! – American Digest - The Barrel of GoogleRands
- Second place with 2 votes – Wolf Howling - A Tale Of Two Conservative Parties – Part 1: The UK
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room – Getting a closer look at why liberals continue to feel that blacks should be held to a different standard
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – The Razor - The Mythical Primary Care Physician Shortage
- Fourth place with 1 vote – Right Truth - A Nation Dividing
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Mere Rhetoric - Obama Wrecking US Diplomatic Credibility, Squandering Diplomatic Capital In The Middle East
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right - Can One Fairly Judge Yesterday’s Deeds By Today’s Standards?
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -The Glittering Eye - The Gold Rush
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -The Provocateur - China’s Currency Manipulation
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! – The Winds Of Jihad - Fitzgerald: The New York Times, and That Business At the Cathedral In Cordoba Submitted by Wolf Howling
- Second place with 2 votes – Belmont Club – I Want My MTV Submitted by American Digest
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – American Thinker — Rick Moran – History and Ideology in Textbooks Submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -Yid With Lid - Zbigniew Brzezinski Helped Create The Taliban, Now He Wants to Do It Again Submitted by Mere Rhetoric
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Noisy Room - Exhaustion from Anxiety : The true terrorism Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Sense of Events - A world without nuclear weapons, part 2 Submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Chesler Chronicles - Jews Confront the Abyss. “The Absence of Outrage is Outrageous.” Submitted by Right Truth
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Melanie Phillips – Everyone Knows Submitted by JoshuaPundit
3 Responses to “The Council has Spoken 041610”