If it wasn’t for bad luck,
I wouldn’t have no luck at all.
Born Under a Bad Sign – Cream
In this week’s council winning post,Dumb Luck Highlights Failure of the Obama Administration, The Razor writes:
But dumb luck saved the day. No New Yorkers died on Saturday, and the only thing lost is face by the administration. But dumb luck doesn’t last forever. The administration needs to wake up and get serious to the threat posed by jihadis. As Roger Simon asks, “How can we begin to defeat this enemy if we are not even willing to name it?” The administration got lucky in Times Square on Saturday. Hopefully America’s luck will hold until Obama gets serious about the threat posed by the jihadis, or his administration is replaced by one that is.
In this week’s Non Council Winner, The Nanny State Diaries, Autographed Letter Signed wrote :
How was I to see the Obama “hopium” machine playing a role in the life of Cynia Cole? Chicago is in the state of chaos. National Guards have been one possible solution as we are in fact a youth violence war zone. Suddenly, the Obama outsider art paintings in the restaurant sickened me. This man used these people but you know what? They wanted to be used. All I ever heard about from my friends and family was what “Obama will do for black people”. “Now we will get what we deserve…our president is black like us. He knows what it is like to be down and black.”
Really? Living in Hawaii, attending private schools, law school at Harvard. Hanging out in Indonesia. Sure, Obama really knows what it is like to be down and black because his experience so mirrors that of those in inner-city Chicago.
The brilliance of Barack Obama’s campaign for President is that he successfully presented himself as a non-partisan non-ideological avatar of hope. Enough people bought the act, even if it required having a short memory.
- First Place with 2 1/3 votes! – The Razor –Dumb Luck Highlights Failure of the Obama Administration
- Second Place with 1 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room – Sit back and watch as America enters “The Twilight Zone”
- Third Place with 1 vote – Joshuapundit – Did Netanyahu Cave On Jerusalem? Yes And No..Bibi’s New Plan.
- Fourth Place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Maybe if the feds just did their job …
- Fourth Place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – We Will Hear Nothing About This Extreme And Violent Protester Sign
- Fifth Place *t* with 1/3 vote – Right Truth – Where did Time Square bomber get his money?
- Fifth Place *t* with 1/3 vote – Wolf Howling –Christian Beliefs Are The New Sins In A Secular Socialist Nation
- First Place with 2 Votes! – Autographed Letter Signed – The Nanny State Diaries Submitted by Wolf Howling
- Second Place with 1 1/3 votes – Pajamas Media / Zombie – South Park is the least of Islam’s problems: The Mohammed Image Archive displays every Mohammed portrait ever created Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote – Doug Ross @ Journal – Free Speech: A Photo Essay Submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote – The Money Illusion – How far we’ve come Submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth Place with 2/3 vote – Yourish – John Mearsheimer’s speech on Jews: Echoes of the 1930s Submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth Place *t* with 1/3 vote – Infidel Bloggers Alliance – Faisal Shazad and the American System Submitted by Right Truth
- Fifth Place *t* with 1/3 vote – The American Interest Online – Better Fifty Years of Europe? Submitted by Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth Place *t* with 1/3 vote – Commentary Contentions / Jennifer Rubin – Are Jews Really That Gullible? Submitted by Mere Rhetoric