Coz the billion bucks in aid won’t buy their basic needs
Like some cheese and missiles for the kids
We con the world – The Flotilla Singers
I know that you were probably expecting another oldie, but given the many submissions this week dealing with the flotilla, today’s main video is this hilarious spoof. I especially liked how well they captured the mannerisms of the originals. (h/t Jack)http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmqwd
But if you just believe
There’s no way we can fall
We are the World – USA for Africa
Like our video above, this week’s winning entry Israel Publishes Gaza Travel Guidebook For Pro-Hamas Freedom Flotilla by Mere Rhetoric is satire.
So we’ve put together this Gaza Tourism Guide, complete with picture galleries, which we believe to be the most comprehensive ever assembled on the web.
We know that after looking over everything, you’ll be as excited to stay in Gaza as we are to have you there. Feel free to pass this on at your ISM tabling sessions at Evergreen or whatever you people do on college campuses in between advocating genocide. And in the future, if you really want to repeatedly create Gaza media spectacles so you can damage Israel’s reputation, do what everyone else does. Join the UN.
Our winning non-council submission winner is one of the best analsyses I’ve read of the aftermath of Israel’s situation, Sympathy for the Devil and the Gaza Sea Confrontation: How Can Helping a Repressive Fascist, Genocide-Intending Hamas Regime be Innocent? at Rubin Reports. Prof. Barry Rubin writes:
There is also emerging evidence that interrogation of those captured on the ship shows that 40 to 60 men were organized in military-style units. They have no papers of identification, had a lot of money and some were equipped with night vision equipment and bullet-proof vests.
In other words, numerous Western institution are cheering–or at least being fooled–by an allegedly humanitarian action of “peace activists” run by an organization that supported the September 11 attacks on the United States. Contemplate that irony for a few minutes.
Unfortunately, not many reporters, editorial writers or diplomats understand the irony.
And since it’s already been posted you must read Charles Krauthammer’s Those Troublesome Jews, in which he concludes.
What’s left? Nothing. The whole point of this relentless international campaign is to deprive Israel of any legitimate form of self-defense. Why, just last week, the Obama administration joined the jackals, and reversed four decades of U.S. practice, by signing onto a consensus document that singles out Israel’s possession of nuclear weapons — thus de-legitimizing Israel’s very last line of defense: deterrence.
The world is tired of these troublesome Jews, 6 million — that number again — hard by the Mediterranean, refusing every invitation to national suicide. For which they are relentlessly demonized, ghettoized and constrained from defending themselves, even as the more committed anti-Zionists — Iranian in particular — openly prepare a more final solution.
But it’s also important to read the whole article and see how reached his conclusion.
- First place with 3 votes! – Mere Rhetoric – Israel Publishes Gaza Travel Guidebook For Pro-Hamas Freedom Flotilla
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Wolf Howling – Obama, Turkey and Israel
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room – Memorial Day Post : The Warriors Among Us
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit – Israel And The West’s Dilemma – The Storm Before The Dawn
- Fourth place with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – The White House and Joe Sestak — so what?
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote – Right Truth – A Time to Betray – A review
Non Council Winners
- First place with 2 votes! – Rubin Reports - Sympathy for the Devil and the Gaza Sea Confrontation: How Can Helping a Repressive Fascist, Genocide-Intending Hamas Regime be Innocent? Submitted by The Watcher
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes - American Digest - Small Flags Submitted by JoshuaPundit
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes - Katie, The Pirate King – What do you do When Your Church Leaves You? Submitted by The Razor
- Fourth place with 1 vote – Zenpundit - Israel Does Not Understand 4GW Submitted on behalf of Right Truth
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Contentions/Max Boot – Israel can win every battle but still lose the war Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote - The Weekly Standard Blog – The Terror Finance Flotilla Submitted by the Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Anchoress – Pray for Nancy Pelosi Submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – EU Referendum – Deliberately Provocative Submitted by Wolf Howling
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote – Dick Morris – Issue Trifecta Driving Obama Down Submitted by The Provocateur