The council has spoken! In honor of the delusions discussed by this week’s winners, I present you with …
I’ll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
They’re coming to take me away – XIV Napolean
This week’s winning council submission Helen Thomas,Jew Hatred And Its Polite Acceptance by JoshuaPundit argued that no one took action against Helen Thomas before now, because her views about Jews going to Europe were not that controversial among the press corps.
Helen Thomas is valuable because she provides a picture perfect example of the double standard most Left- leaning journos ( and believe me, the majority are Left- leaning) have when it comes to Jew hatred. While they might not personally endorse it, they’re prepared to accept it, just like Joe Lockhart, as a legitimate point of view that is subject to debate. That’s something virtually none of them would do if that hatred was directed anywhere else but at Jews.
On the non-council side, the winning entry was Goo-Goo Genocidaires: The Blood Is Dripping From Their Hands by Walter Russell Mead, which illustrated a different kind of rationalization or, if you will, self-delusion.
Understand and sympathize with their legitimate aspirations: that, the professors and preachers constantly told everyone else, was the sophisticated, modern and enlightened way to deal with these problems. Before the war it was the poor Germans, so shabbily treated by the Treaty of Versailles that Hitler represented a necessary phase of Germany’s search for self-respect. Before and after World War Two they said it about Stalin: communism was simply payback for the excesses and crimes of capitalist greed. Yes, they sometimes went too far: but surely that was ‘our’ fault for having permitted these terrible conditions to occur in the first place.
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Joshuapundit Helen Thomas,Jew Hatred And Its Polite Acceptance
- Second place with 1 1/3 votes – Wolf Howling – Turkey, Israel & Gaza, Take Two
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote – Bookworm Room – In the presence of greatness : the Battle of Midway celebration
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote - Snapped Shot – A Case of Complicit Cropping?
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote - The Colossus of Rhodey -This is Race to the Top?
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote - The Provocateur – Tony Demasi and the Chicago Way
- Third Place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor – The New Anti-Semitism Presents Tough Choices To American Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Rhymes With Right – I’m Waiting For The Outcry About A Politicized Curriculum
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Mere Rhetoric – Reuters Withdraws Cropped Anti-Israel Photos, Inserts Biased Anti-Israel Captions Instead
Non Council Winners
- First place with 3 2/3 votes! – Walter Russell Mead – Goo-Goo Genocidaires: The Blood Is Dripping From Their Hands Submitted on behalf of Wolf Howling
- Second place *t*with 1 1/3 votes – RabbiLIVE.com – Israel – The Jewel of Our People Submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Rubin Reports – Clash of perceptions : a picture is worth 10,000 academic theories Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place with 1 vote – The Volokh Conspiracy – More on Israeli Incompetence Submitted on behalf of Mere Rhetoric
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Elder of Ziyon – Proof that Gaza is too crowded Submitted by Snapped Shot
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Abu Muqawama – The State of COIN 2010 – Submitted by the Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Discriminations – Does Massive New “White Flight” Call For “Reverse Diversity”? Submitted by the Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote - Sandbox – Martin Kramer on the Middle East - Obama, Israel and American Jews Submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Pajamas TV – Obama At The Bat Submitted by JoshuaPundit
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – A Commonplace Blog – Chabon’s illusions Submitted by the Watcher
For a complete list of this week’s submissions see here.
3 Responses to “The Council has Spoken 06/13/10”