They point their crooked little fingers ar everybody else
Spend all their time feelin’ sorry for themselves
Victim of this, victim of that
Your momma’s too thin; your daddy’s too fat
Get over it – The Eagles
This week’s winning Council entry, The Razor’s True Bigots takes a shot at our nation’s professional victims.
To the NAACP I’m just a descendant of klansmen. They don’t see me. They see a hooded figure stuffed with straw from the field of hate they have tended. They don’t hear me. All they hear is the words they imagine me saying. I’m not a person: I’m their puppet but they don’t realize they are holding the strings.
It doesn’t matter to them that half of my family were Slavs who arrived destitute at Ellis Island (after having paid all their money to the Austro-Hungarian empire to be allowed to emigrate) decades after the Civil War, or the fact that a quarter of my family were Germans who supported abolition, and that the last sliver were Irish who themselves were discriminated against. INNA isn’t just a meaningless acronym to those of us of Irish descent. They don’t consider that I grew up in a household where both parents worked, and that as a teen I was shocked to see their income tax return and learn that we were just barely above the poverty line.
No, my skin’s the wrong color and because of that everything I say or do is suspect. It doesn’t matter what the reasons are that I oppose the president: I’m a racist.
I might add that now things are so skewed the the NAACP now apparently considers separate but equal its new goal.
This week’s winning non-council post, Noisy Room’s Socialist “JournoListas” is mostly a list. But the list shows:
It was a network of high level opinion makers, united by a “progressive” vision for America. They believed that their superior judgment and insight obligated them to present Americans with a view of reality that they would be too stupid and reactionary to grasp unaided.
To the degree that the “Journolist” folks shaped our news narrative, it shows that our media, that seemingly accepted most of their spin, is not merely liberal, but a strong socialist bent too.
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! – The Razor – True Bigots
- Second place with 2 votes – Wolf Howling – An Overdrawn Race Card
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Rhymes With Right – Shirley Sherrod: Dissent Equals Racism And A Desire To Return To Slavery
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes – Virginia Right! – Frankly my dear, charges of racism have lost their impact
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – Snapped Shot – The Happy Little Mosque… of Rage
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – Joshuapundit – The Age of Obama – Government By Diktat
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Right Truth – Conservative Republican Agenda
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Bookworm Room – How Journolist and Oliver Stone each serve to highlight the other’s insanity
Non – Council Winners
- First place with 1 2/3 votes! – Noisy Room – Socialist “Journolistas” submitted by Bookworm Room
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Gaper’s Block – Sex Trafficking in Chicago submitted by The Provocateur
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Riehl World View – Sherrod: “We Must Stop The White Man And His Uncle Toms …” submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Jeffrey Laporte at Standing Firm via Fleming and Hayes – Message from the White House on Racism submitted by The Razor
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – RightChange/PJTV – Same As It Ever Was submitted by JoshuaPundit
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote – Brits At Their Best – Recalling The Men Who Fought Naporleon submitted by Wolf Howling
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote – Israelly Cool – The Day In Israel: Tuesday July 27th, 2010 submitted by Right Truth
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Moderate Voice – Oliver Stone: Hitler is Misunderstood Due to “Jewish-Dominated Media” (UPDATED) submitted by The Glittering Eye’
- Fourth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Common Sense Political Thought – Duplicity in editing, innuendo in reporting, and a deceived readership submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fourth place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Other McCain – Brilliant: U.S. Gives Pakistan $1 Billion; Pakistan Helps Our Enemies Kill Us submitted by Virginia Right
- Fourth place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Hashmonean – Undiplomatic Solution: Strike Options Targeting Iran Go Top Shelf submitted by The Watcher
Congratulations to all the winners!