And though you came with sword held high
Conquistador – Procol Harum
I don’t know about you but when I read of the ambitions of Samir Khan in this week’s non-Council winner, The Jawa Report’s North Carolina Muslim Admits To Working With Al Qaeda, I found this observation disturbing:
If becoming a lone jihadi is the ideal and this sort of propaganda is enough to inspire an individual to pick up a gun, go down to Wal Mart, and start killing people, then how come Samir Khan found it necessary to go to Yemen and join up with al Qaeda?
For the most part we need a social circle to encourage us to kill. The Nidal Hasans of the world are rare.
What’s more disturbing, though, is how we come to have homegrown Jihadis. This week’s Council Winner, Joshuapundit’s US DOJ Inserts Itself Into Tennessee Mosque Controversy provides a possible answer.
Sources of funding for the ICM is also a murky issue, and inquiries into it have been met with the same sort of dissembling familiar to people who have been following the Ground Zero Mosque controversy. It’s a pretty good bet that the majority of the funds for the ICM and for other massive Islamic complexes in this part of Tennessee planned for Bridgeport and Antioch will be coming from the Saudis and the UAE – most likely via unindicted terrorism co-conspirator and Muslim Brotherhood front group The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), which now controls an estimated 80% of American mosques.
What’s even more disturbing are the number of enligntened people in government and the media, who are supposed to be looking out for us, but who ignore the threat and are more exercised about fears of Islamophobia that they are about real threats coming from Islamists.
- First place with 3 1/3 votes! – Joshuapundit – US DOJ Inserts Itself Into Tennessee Mosque Controversy
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Right Truth – Mosques and Islamic Centers Across the U.S. and Those Who Object
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – Mere Rhetoric – Unbelievable – J Street Crops Daniel Levy’s Anti-Israel Quote, Then Blasts “Far Right-Wing Blogs” For “Misreporting” It
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Bookworm Room – A short, but very sweet, visit to the USS Pinckney
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Hail Columbia!
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Glittering Eye –Maintaining the Flow
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Snapped Shot – He Who Pulls The Strings
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right – The Five Factions of the Tea Party Movement: Part 1
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Black-white relations poorer now than year ago
- First place with 2 votes! – The Jawa Report – North Carolina Muslim Admits To Working With Al Qaeda submitted by Snapped Shot
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Pajamas Media/Zombie –The Electric Tea Party Acid Test submitted by Bookworm Room
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – The Economic Collapse –Is America In Decline? 24 Statistics About The United States Economy That Are Almost Too Embarrassing To Admit submitted by VA Right
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – Pajamas media — J. Christian Adams – New York Fails To Mail Ballots to Active Military, DOJ Yet To Act submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Ironic Surrealism v3.0 –Flashback 2007: Obama Targeted Unions as “Special Interests” submitted by The Razor
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – AlinskyRules – Obama, Can You Spare A Dime? submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The New Republic – Cut Off Aid to Pakistan submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – City Journal – Benjamin Franklin on American Happiness submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Doctor Zero – Shadows On The Water submitted by Right Truth
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote – Clayton Cramer’s Blog – If You Want To Understand What Makes This Recession Continue submitted by The Glittering Eye