And I’m floating
in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different todaySpace Oddity – David Bowie
In his classic “Space Oddity,” David Bowie sings about Major Tom to whom the stars “look different.”
In her council winning post this week Bookworm Room explains why a different Tom sees things differently. Specifically she explains Why Tom Friedman is an idiot
So I’ve now provided proof that Friedman is an idiot. He doesn’t understand the facts he has, and ignores the facts he doesn’t like. From that foundation, he makes grossly (and gross) ideological arguments, assuming the preening, snide posture of a seasoned sage, condemned to deal in perpetuity with ill-educated louts.
Bookworm nails Friedman’s inability to assimilate new facts; he’s still living in a pre-2000 world.
Not everyone is as impervious as Friedman to changing realities, in his winning non-council post, Angela Merkel, multikulti and “progressives” mental paralysis Simply Jews credits Merkel with acknowledging what few others in Europe will.
In short: Europe is looking into abyss. And the only good thing is that some more courageous leaders are willing to face the facts, instead of hiding behind the mental paralysis of the “progressives”.
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Bookworm Room - Why Tom Friedman is an idiot
- Second place with 2 votes - Mere Rhetoric - Turkey Leveraging Obama’s Failed Russia “Reset” To Isolate Israel, Boost Iran
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes - Joshuapundit - Stolen Valor: Dems Try To Steal Close Elections By Disenfranchising Overseas Military
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes - GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Iraq Casualty Myth
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes - Right Truth - Elections Have Consequences
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote - VA Right – Blue Dog Democrats – Unkindest Betrayal of All
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right -Democrat Election Law Violations In Harris County — And A Reflection On The Authority Of The Presiding Election Judge At The Polling Place
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote - The Glittering Eye – The Next Generation of Political Communication
- First place with 2 votes! – Simply Jews - Angela Merkel, multikulti and “progressives” mental paralysis submitted by The Watcher
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – YID With LID – Illinois League of Women Voters Big Shot Who Bashed Pledge of Allegiance, is Former ACORN Worker submitted by Bookworm Room
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes - Perfunction – Historic Illiteracy: Idiot Sarah Palin “Party Like It’s 1773″ After The Election! submitted by JoshuaPundit
- Third place with 1 vote - Patterico’s Pontifications – The Right to Abort Gay Adults!!! Or Overwrought Silliness and Mendacity in Perry v. Schwarzenegger submitted by VA Right
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Big Journalism – John Sexton -NPR Highlights Anti-Semite in Its Explanation of Juan Williams Firing submitted by The Razor
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Cranach: Blog of Veith -Dead Sea Scrolls will go online submitted by Snapped Shot
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - CAMERA Snapshots – Hamas Militant Admits Most Palestinian Policemen in Gaza Double as Militants submitted by Mere Rhetoric
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - KeithHennessey.com -The other side of the White House white board submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Theo Spark -Flight Of Old ’666″ submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – American Thinker -A Mass Nervous Breakdown of the Left submitted by VA Right
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote - Open Democracy - The intolerance of the tolerant submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
4 Responses to “The Council has Spoken 10/29/2010”