The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“One of the critical issues that we have to confront is illegal immigration, because this is a multi-headed Hydra that affects our economy, our health care, our health care, our education systems, our national security, and also our local criminality.” – Allen West
“Illegal immigrants are to immigration what shoplifters are to shopping.” – Jerry Agar
“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.” -President Theodore Roosevelt
“A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.” – President Ronald Reagan
This week’s winning essay,The Right Planet’s – A Strong Warning from Trevor Loudon on Illegal Amnesty is an in depth look at amnesty for illegal aliens, the radical roots of many of its activists and how it is being used as a tool to subvert the basic fabric of the country . Here’s a slice:
For the past three years, Trevor Loudon, author of the book “Barack Obama and the Enemies Within,” has been trying to warn Americans about the Marxist takeover of the Democratic Party. If you listen to the video above, you can hear Trevor is losing his voice from all the rallies he’s been attending lately. He is trying, with every fiber in his being, to warn Americans of the dire consequences of ignoring the ominous slide toward pure socialism occurring now in the American body politic.
A little while back I had the distinct pleasure of sitting down and talking to Trevor Loudon at length when he visited Indianapolis. Many of the points he is making in his presentation to the Leadership Institute were the same ones he made during his visit to Indy.
I want to focus on some key points regarding illegal immigration Trevor made in his presentation.
Before 1995, the AFL-CIO labor union was lead by alleged anti-communists like Lane Kirkland and George Meany. But, in 1995, the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) and the Gramcsiist communists kicked out Lane Kirkland, replacing him with DSA member John Sweeney. Sweeney is currently President Emeritus of the AFL-CIO. He was president of the organization for four terms, from 1995 to 2009. Richard L. Trumka is the current AFL-CIO President.
The radical leftists took over every major labor union in the country, and purged the Democratic Party of all the moderates, dixiecrats, centrists and bluedog democrats—with Sen. Joe Lieberman being the last to go.
Today, there is not a single policy embraced by the Democratic Party that can be distinguished from the platform of the Communist Party USA or the Democratic Socialists of America. This is full-on Marxism-Leninism, ladies and gentlemen. I have been warning about this for years—Trevor, even longer. Now we have a situation where some twenty-thousand Marxists own the unions, and the unions own the Democratic Party. It was Vladimir Lenin who once wrote that the labor unions are “the transmission belts from the Communist Party to the masses.”
Trevor mentioned some key individuals worth noting in his presentation that have been major driving forces behind the “immigration reform” movement (i.e. amnesty) in the United States.
The first organized effort to bring Latinos into the Democratic Party started with hardcore communist Bert Corona in the 1950’s. It was Corona who set up the Viva Kennedy clubs that, for the first time, brought large numbers of Mexican-Americans into a Presidential campaign.
The former mayor of Los Angeles, Antonio Villaraigosa—a hardcore Marxist, who cut sugar cane in Cuba for the Castro brothers—turned L.A. into a sanctuary city, and forbade the LAPD from enforcing immigration. The illegals flooded into California by the hundreds of thousands.
Communist Party supporter, and former head of the California senate, Gil Cedillo, pushed through the DREAM Act in California about three years ago, giving so-called “rights” to the children of illegal immigrants—euphemistically called “undocumented workers.”
More at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Mark Steyn with The Enemy Of My Enemy submitted by The Noisy Room. This is Steyn’s take on Israeli PM Benyamin Netanyahu’ speech to congress..and as usual with Steyn, he gets to the heart of the matter with his customary wit and brilliance. Do read it.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Rhymes With Right was unable to vote this week, but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty for not voting:
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes!–The Right Planet–A Strong Warning from Trevor Loudon on Illegal Amnesty
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes –The Noisy Room – Russia, the Caliphate and the Shadow of World War III
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes –Joshuapundit–Disgracing ‘The Spirit Of Selma’
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes –The Independent Sentinel – Shocker! What Barack Obama Doesn’t Know a Thing About
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –Nice Deb – US Backed Islamist Reportedly Now Leads ISIS in Libya
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –Bookworm Room – Getting a Progressive to yes on conservative ideas
- Sixth place with 2/3 vote –VA Right! – Justice Kennedy in King vs Burwell: Are State Exchanges really just Coercion?
- Seventh place with 1/3 vote –The Razor –Listening Is Still A Virtue
- First place with 2 votes! –Mark Steyn –The Enemy Of My Enemy submitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Victor Davis Hanson – Israel, Jews, and the Obama Administration submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Wolf Howling –The National Security Disaster That Is The Obama Administration submitted by Nice Deb
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Politically Short – None Dare Call It Treason submitted by The Right Planet
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote –FrontPage Mag –Obama Using the ‘I’m Completely Ignorant of the Internet’ Defense submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote – The National Interest – Confirmed: China Is Building 2nd Aircraft Carrier submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote –Reason.Com – How to Count the Defensive Use of Guns submitted by The Razor
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote – Ordinary Times – No, Democracy Is Not ‘Doomed’ submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote –Kurt Schlichter – Let’s Destroy Liberal Academia submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote –Hot Air–Ted Cruz stands alone after the King Corn summit submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place *t* with 2/3 vote –Seraphic Secret – Purim: The Non-Progressive Jewish Holiday
- Fourth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Watts Up With That – The drawn-out Mann lawsuit: Science is not taking a stand for Michael Mann submitted by VA Right!
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.
4 Responses to “The Council Has Spoken!! Our Watcher’s Council Results”