Alea iacta est…the Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and we have the results for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“Alas! ye lordes, many a false flatterer
Is in your courts, and many a losenger,
That pleasen you well more, by my faith,
Than he that soothfastness unto you saith”.- Geoffrey Chaucer
” Treason doth never prosper: what’s the reason?
For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.” – Sir John Harrington
“Treachery is more often the effect of weakness than of a formed design”.-François La Rochefoucauld
This week’s winner, Joshuapundit’s Obama Appoints Hamas Ally To Key National Security Post is my examination of yet another questionable appointment by President Obama to an extremely sensitive national security post…and what it signifies. Here’s a slice:
The man pictured above is Robert Malley. Today, it was announced that President Obama has appointed him the senior director at the National Security Council (NSC).
The NSC is the key body that advises President Obama and helps make decisions on national security and foreign policy matters. Its members consist of,among others, the vice president, the Secretaries of State, Homeland Security and Defense, the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Director of National Intelligence, the president’s National Security Advisor and the deputy Adviser, the Attorney General and the president’s UN Adviser.Other special assistants to the president also attend as required.
In other words, this is President Obama’s ‘inner cabinet’ on national security, so to speak. The members, the top level members of the Obama Administrations, are privy to all of America’s intelligence, planning and confidential data.
So who is Robert Malley?
Of Syrian descent,he was a Clinton-era National Security Council staffer known for his tirades against Israel and his championing of Yasser Arafat. He made waves by blaming the Israelis for the failure of the 2000 Camp David summit, thereby contradicting the words of President Bill Clinton and every other U.S. official present, and rationalizing and defending Arafat’s terrorist war on Israel’s civilians.
Malley was a close crony of then presidential candidate Barack Hussein Obama and a foreign policy adviser to the campaign back in 2008. Way back then, Candidate Obama still saw the necessity of getting clueless American Jews to vote for him, so when it surfaced that Robert Malley was meeting actively with the genocidal terrorist group Hamas, Obama took the opportunity to remove him from the campaign in 2008 as a gesture to prove his pro-Israel bonifides.
According to 18 U.S. Code § 2339B, providing material assistance to a designated terrorist group (which includes advice) is supposedly a federal offense, But Robert Malley had powerful friends (including Clinton NSA adviser Sandy Berger and Senator Barack Obama, whom he was pals with at Harvard) so he simply drifted back into the world of think tanks, where he could be relied on to write articles and make speeches demonizing Israel.
And actually, according to he Arabic-language newspaper Al-Hayat, Malley never really left Obama’s circle. Al-Hayat reported that Hamas engaged in talks with Obama for months through Malley, which among other things resulted in their receiving almost a billion of your tax dollars from President Obama.
Robert Malley comes by this honestly. His father Simon was a very Marxist journalist who shilled for Algeria’s terrorist FLN, Egyptian dictator Gamel Abdul Nasser, African Marxist dictators like Kwame Nkrumah and Ahmed Sékou Touré, Fidel Castro, and of course, Yasser Arafat, of whom he was especially fond. Needless to say, Simon Malley also had an outspoken hatred towards Israel, and the apple definitely did not fall far from the tree.
Once Barack Obama became president, as we now know, he spent a great deal of time during his first term concentrating on bashing and attacking the Israel, giving the Arabs whom identify themselves as Palestinians more U.S. money than they’d ever seen in their lives and in general behaving like Mahmoud Abbas’ own special community organizer.
That moderated a bit in 2012 when the president needed to fool people again for his re-election, but now that President Obama has no need to dissemble any longer, Malley will join the other members of the Obama Administration who have a long time record of hostility towards Israel.And he will be privy to America’s most highly classified secrets.
Malley has some interesting ties with Islamists worth looking at. Among Malley’s close associates is Wadah Khanfar, a Hamas activist based in the Middle East and South Africa (where he headed the International Islamic Federation of Student Organizations) and now a key figure with al-Jazeera, AKA Jihad TV. According to one of my sources, Malley also has a relationship with our old friend Muslim Brotherhood leader Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a foul genocidal maniac who is too dirty even to be allowed into the U.S.
Much more at the link
In our non-Council category, the winner was Mark Steyn with Hath Not A Jew Eyes? submitted by Liberty’s Spirit. It’s classic Steyn with a piece that will become a classic on the subject of anti-semitism.
OK, here are this week’s full results. Only Nice Deb was unable to vite this week, but was not subject tothe usual 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 votes!–Joshuapundit–Obama Appoints Hamas Ally To Key National Security Post
- Second place with 2 votes –Bookworm Room – To achieve partisan political goals, the American media destroys the precious right and moral mandate given to it by the Constitution
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes –Ask Marion – Palin Derangement Syndrome Revisited
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Liberty’s Spirit – Freedom from Offense Channeling Fascism
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –The Right Planet – How Are Socialism, Communism and Fascism All the Same?
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –The Colossus of Rhodey – If I Didn’t Know Better, I’d Think There Was an Obama-Media Conspiracy Here
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –The Noisy Room – Ukraine – A Look Into America’s Possible Future
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –The Independent Sentinel – Attack on Our Power Grid: The Existential Threat No One Is Talking About
- Sixth place with 2/3 vote –Simply Jews – The water proof: the facts, the myths and other animals
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Razor – The Chill of Self-Censorship
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Nice Deb – Dinesh D’Souza: Obama’s Vindictive, His Kenyan Family Paranoid (Video)
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Rhymes With Right – Excess Campaign Contribution Kerfluffle Raises A Different Issue Than It First Appears
- First place with 3 2/3 votes! –Mark Steyn – Hath not a Jew Eyes submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Second place with 3 1/3 votes –Sultan Knish –One Election Away from Losing Our Freedom submitted by The Noisy Room
- Third place with 2 votes – Gates Of Vienna – The Protocols of the Princes of Saudia submitted by Watcher
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes –Gulag Bound – EXCLUSIVE: Former NSA Employee Speaks Out About its Corruption submitted by Ask Marion
- Fifth place with 1 vote – Breaking Defense – The Army Force Cuts: 3 Truths, 4 Fallacies submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 votes –The Sad Red Earth – A Misguided Argument About Anti-Semitism submitted by Simply Jews
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 votes –The Foundry – Blame America-First Crowd Ignores Terrorist Threats and Dictators submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 votes –WSJ/– Stephen Blackwood: ObamaCare and My Mother’s Cancer Medicine submitted by Bookworm Room
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Victor Davis Hanson –When Failure Is Success submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Young Conservatives – These 20 “Only in America” ironies need to be read by every single American submitted by VA Right!
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day with short takes and weigh in…don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter…..’cause we’re cool like that!