The Council has spoken, the sacred bones have been tossed and the votes have been cast, and we have the results for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“We stand with Israel as a Jewish and democratic state. America’s commitment and my commitment to the security of Israel is unshakeable.” - President Barack Hussein Obama, 2012 campaign speech
I hate that man like the very Gates of Death who says one thing but hides another in his heart. – Homer,The Iliad
“He wears a mask, and his face grows to fit it.” – George Orwell, Shooting An Elephant
This week’s winner, Joshuapundit’s Obama Commends Abbas For ‘Consistently Renouncing Violence’ ??? is my reaction to a few things President Obama said about Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas during during their cozy photo op at the White House last week. Here’s a slice:
On Monday, before his meeting with Palestine’s unelected dictator Mahmoud Abbas, President Obama did the usual press appearance with Abbas and said something quite interesting:
“I have to commend President Abbas,” Obama said alongside the Palestinian leader. “He has been somebody who has consistently renounced violence, has consistently sought a diplomatic and peaceful solution that allows for two states, side by side, in peace and security; a state that allows for the dignity and sovereignty of the Palestinian people and a state that allows for Israelis to feel secure and at peace with their neighbors.”
Let’s examine that, shall we?
Abbas is a Holocaust denier, even if he lies about it today to handpicked audiences of Left wing Israelis. And his Moscow University thesis denying that the Holocaust occurred is a required part of Palestine’s educational curriculum.
Abbas and the Palestinian Authority under his control have always glorified the murderers of Israeli civilians. Mahmoud Abbas and Fatah, after all, are the same folks who made child murderer Sami Kuntar an honorary ‘Palestinian’ citizen and gave him a hero’s welcome after he was released in a prisoner swap. Abbas and his Fatah faction have made a point of naming public buildings and streets after murderers and teach their children about the virtues of killing Jews in their mosques, media and schools.
And Abbas pays terrorist murderers who are convicted in Israeli civilian courts monthly salaries to encourage further violent attacks against Jewish civilians, with the higher salaries for both Hamas and Fatah killers reserved for those who commit the most heinous murders and thus get longer jail terms.
The Fogel family who lived in the Jewish community of Itamar were at home relaxing after the Sabbath on March 11, 2011 when two Palestinians affiliated with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) Hakim Awad and Amjad Muhammad Fawzi Awad carried out an ‘operation’ they had planned in advance. After cutting through a security fence, they broke into the Fogel’s home and murdered five members of the family pictured above, including a 3-month-old baby. They butchered them without even the regard a slaughterer usually gives to an animal. They are on the PA’s salary list, receiving top dollar because of the five life sentences they received.These are your tax dollars at work, courtesy of President Obama, the UN and the EU.
Much more at the link
In our non-Council category, the winner was a simply masterful piece by John Hindraker over at Powerline, Washington Post Falls For Left-Wing Fraud, Embarrasses Itself [Updated With Post’s Response] submitted by The Glittering Eye. John caught the WAPO red handed publishing a completely false story designed to libel the Koch Brothers for partisan political purposes. And to add to the mix, written by a reporter who is married to a democrat operative who works for the Obama Front group the Center For American Progress.
As Rush Limbaugh famously said, these people aren’t journalists, but Democrat activists with a byline.
OK, here are this week’s full results.
- *First place with 4 2/3 votes!-Joshuapundit-Obama Commends Abbas For ‘Consistently Renouncing Violence’ ???
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes –The Noisy Room – Note To Obama: This Is What Resistance and Courage Really Looks Like
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes -Liberty’s Spirit – Perpetually Politically Correct With No End to Being Butt Hurt
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Bookworm Room – What I would say to UCSB’s Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs about Free Speech, blacks, and abortion
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –The Razor – Recommended Life Skills From A Nobody
- Fifth place with 1 vote –The Independent Sentinel – Obama’s Administration Is Rewriting the First Amendment in Plain Sight
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Simply Jews – The slaves and their emperor: Russians’ adulation of Putin
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Ask Marion – Newest Obama ‘Let Them Eat Cake’ Chapter
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Israeli Solution
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Glittering Eye -A Difference Of Opinion
- First place with 3 1/3 votes! –John Hinderaker/Powerline – Washington Post Falls For Left-Wing Fraud, Embarrasses Itself [Updated With Post’s Response] submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage Mag –Under Obama, the New Mission of the Special Forces is to Make Muslims Like Them submitted by The Watcher
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes -Victor Davis Hanson –Loud + Weak = War submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes-Melanie Phillips/WSJ – The Failure of the Middle East “Peace Process” submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes-David J. Shestokas – The Second Amendment: A Personal Natural Right to Keep and Bear Arms submitted by The Right Planet
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes- Zenpundit – Dealing with the China we Have Rather than the China we Wish to Have submitted by Watcher (h/t, The Glittering Eye)
- Fifth place with 1 vote-Washington Post/Pastor Rick Warren - If the contraception mandate passes, it will ruin a core U.S. ideology submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Daniel Henninger/WSJ – American Fatigue Syndrome submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Contentious Centrist – Karma submitted by Simply Jews
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -Matthew Boyle/Breitbart –‘Liberty Tax’: White House, Media Attack After Drudge Pays Obamacare Opt-Out Penalty submitted by The Noisy Room
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Atlantic – Vladimir Putin, Russian Neocon submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -Glen Reynolds/USA Today -Washington is headed for disaster submitted by The Watcher
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day with short takes and weigh in…don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter…..’cause we’re cool like that!
6 Responses to “The Council Has Spoken!! This Weeks’ Watcher’s Council Results”