The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“Nobody knows how to deal with a guy who makes up the law every day as he gets up. We’ve never confronted this before. We’ve never had a president who is so lawless.
We’ve never had a president who is so unconcerned with the Constitution. We’ve never dealt with it, so nobody knows what to do.” – Rush Limbaugh
“If those who wrote and ratified the 14th Amendment had imagined.. and had anticipated huge waves of illegal immigration – is it reasonable to presume they would have wanted to provide the reward of citizenship to the children of the violators of those laws? Surely not.
– George Will
“I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone” – President Barack Hussein Obama on his willingness to go around congress with executive orders.
Most Americans are appalled at the chaos on our southern border. But chaos isn’t always unplanned, as this weeks’ winner The Noisy Room’s ACORN for Illegal Aliens – Meet the Southwest Key Programs reveals. Here, the Noisy Room gives us the skinny on a non-profit funded by your tax dollars that is taking a leading role in President Obama’s plans to change America with de facto amnesty. Here’s a slice:
Are you curious who has been facilitating the transport of illegal alien children throughout the country? Look no more… meet La Raza connected Southwest Key Programs. This organization is the pipeline for the children into US refugee camps and homes across the nation. They provide immigrant youth shelters. It is a well-oiled machine that was set up to educate and reintegrate youth into American society. They also provide training for jobs. And baby, they are hiring.
Southwest Key Programs is funded by government and state programs. Here is an overview of what they do:
Southwest Key Programs is a national nonprofit organization providing transformative education, innovative safe shelters and alternatives to incarceration for over 200,000 youth and their families annually, while creating opportunities for their families to become self-sufficient. The inspiring youth and parents we work with are seeking the American dream: equality, education, and a higher quality of life. At Southwest Key, we simply open the doors to opportunity so they can achieve these dreams.
Southwest Key Programs ranks 5th among the Top Hispanic Nonprofits in America, employing a creative and diverse staff of over 2,200 employees. Because of Southwest Key’s work, thousands of youth have been diverted from prisons, jails, and institutions, enabling them to stay at home with their families and out of trouble. Southwest Key has reunified thousands of immigrant children with their families and provided these unaccompanied minors with 24-hour care and education. Southwest Key is one of only three nonprofits in Austin to be accredited by the Council on Accreditation, the nation’s leading human service accrediting body.
From the start, a cornerstone of all of our programs has been culturally-relevant education. Since 1999 we have refined our model by operating leading alternative schools throughout Texas, preventing hundreds of youth from dropping out of school by providing them with individualized education in a therapeutic setting. In 2009, East Austin College Prep opened at Southwest Key’s El Centro de Familia campus.
Over $8 million went into building their facility for this. This business was founded in 1987 and was made-to-order for Obama’s manufactured chaos on the border. Fast facts on Southwest Key Programs:
Legal Status: Nonprofit, charitable 501(c)(3) Social Service, Education and Community Development Organization
Staff: Over 2,200 nationwide
Programs: Southwest Key operates 68 juvenile justice and family programs, safe shelters for immigrant children, schools, and community building initiatives
Number Served: Over 200,000 kids and their families annually
Headquarters: Austin, Texas
Locations: Texas, California, New York, Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin
FY 20013-14 Budget: $150 million
Funding: Grants and contracts by U.S. federal, state, and local government, foundations, and corporations; special events; private contributions
Social Enterprises: Southwest Key Enterprises, Southwest Key Cafe del Sol, Southwest Key Maintenance, Southwest Key Green Energy & Construction, Southwest Key Workforce Development, The Blooming Florist, Southwest Key Youth, Family, & Transportation LLC
Their specialty is reunifying illegal minors with their families. They are the underground railroad for the American invasion from the South. They are nationalistic in their connections and leadership. Heavily connected to the La Raza Roundtable, don’t be fooled by the charitable facade. This is a radical breeding ground. They are militant, Latino community organizers.
Here are their Board of Directors:
Board Chair, July 2004 to Present
Retired Veterans Services
Chair, La Raza Roundtable
Resident of Fresno, California
Board Vice Chair, March 2007 to Present
Founder and Senior Partner of Martinez Tjaden, LLP
Former Commissioner of the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice
Former Director of Colorado’s Department of Youth Service
Resident of Atlanta, Georgia
Board Treasurer, February 2012 to Present
CEO, La Casa de Esperanza
Resident of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Board Secretary, February 2011 to Present
President and CEO, Pedro SS Services, Inc. in East Austin
Resident of Austin, Texas
David Marshall, Jr.
Board Member, March 2014 to Present
Management Consultant, ICF International
National Board Member, Princeton Prize in Race Relations
Former President of the LBJ School of Public Affairs Alumni Association
Former Admission Officer and Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment, Princeton University
Resident of Washington, DC
Elizabeth S. Gonzales, CLTC
Board Member, April 2011 to Present
New York Life, Insurance Agent, New York Life Insurance Co
Resident of Austin, Texas
The Leadership of Southwest Key Programs:
Dr. Juan Sanchez
El Presidente/CEO and Founder
Founded Southwest Key in 1987
Joella L. Brooks
Chief Operations Officer
Joined the Southwest Key Familia in 1990
Chief Financial Officer
Joined the Southwest Key Familia in 1998
VP or Community Impact
Joined the Southwest Key Familia in 2013
Vice President, Youth Justice Programs
Joined the Southwest Key Familia in 1996
Vice President, Immigrant Youth Services/Legal Counsel
Joined the Southwest Key Familia in 2003
Joined the Southwest Key Familia in 2006
Vice President, Community Engagement
Joined the Southwest Key Familia in 2000
Dr. Joe Gonzales
Superintendent, East Austin College Prep
Joined the Familia in 2011
They are connected to the Office of Refugee Resettlement:
About Unaccompanied Children’s Services
“Following the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) mission, which is founded on the belief that new arriving populations have inherent capabilities when given opportunities, ORR/ Division of Children Services/Unaccompanied Alien Children program provides unaccompanied alien children (UAC) with a safe and appropriate environment as well as client-focused highest quality of care to maximize the UAC’s opportunities for success both while in care, and upon discharge from the program to sponsors in the U.S. or return to home country, to assist them in becoming integrated members of our GLOBAL SOCIETY.”
It is to laugh. If their intent was the highest quality of care and safety, they have failed already and spectacularly. Their real goal is the GLOBAL SOCIETY.
As an aside, here is a map where illegal alien children are currently being housed. Thank you Weasel Zippers. I would imagine that Southwest Key Programs will transport children from these facilities to put them either with their families that are here legally or illegally, or house them in homes until their family is brought over. We are talking 10′s of millions being brought in and this organization will not only facilitate an invasion force, they will get wealthy doing it from government and state funds. I understand that Texas alone has given them over $150,000 in state monies.
More at the link
In our non-Council category, the winner was Kevin D. Williamson – Born on the Fifth of July submitted by Joshuapundit. He is fast becoming one of my favorite writers, and this tour de force he wonderfully capsules America’s outrage at the de facto amnesty for illegally aliens being forced on America. Do read it.
I don’t do this often, but I feel obliged this week to especially recommend the second place winner in this category, British MP Daniel Hannan’s – The Forgotten Flag of the American Revolution and What It Means submitted by Watcher. It’ll definitely teach you something you probably didn’t know, and give you an interesting perspective on our American Revolution.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Simply Jews was unable to vote this week, but was not affected by the 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 votes! – The Noisy Room – ACORN for Illegal Aliens – Meet the Southwest Key Programs
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes –Joshuapundit–#HillaryLies – Why Her Outrageous Speaking Fees Don’t ‘Go To Charity’
- Third place with 2 votes – The Right Planet – Wahabis, ISIS, the King of Clubs and Qatar’s Role in Terrorism
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room – Hobby Lobby: Trying to get DemProgs to understand what it means
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The New Caliphate: Tease Or Threat?
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – The Independent Sentinel – Obama’s Fundamental Transformation Via Smoke And Mirrors
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Ask Marion – Costco Caught Again… Removing D’Souza’s ‘America’ From Shelves
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye –The Breeding Ground
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Razor – Illegal Immigrants Are Not Dogs
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Simply Jews – BBC finally gets it
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – Is the Group “Patriots for Economic Freedom” Scamming Dave Brat Supporters? You be the judge.
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Kevin D. Williamson – Born on the Fifth of July submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 votes – Daniel Hannan – The Forgotten Flag of the American Revolution and What It Means submitted by Watcher
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes –Ted McAllister/Library of Law & Liberty–What a Providentially Bad President Can Do for America submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Victor Davis Hanson/NRO –Our Roost, Obama’s Chickens submitted by Ask Marion
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Derek Hunter/Right Wing News –The Petulant President submitted by Nice Deb
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –The Volokh Conspiracy/WAPO – The Supreme Court’s secular Jewish cabal’s war on religious freedom? submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –War Is Boring – China Thinks It Can Defeat America in Battle submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Gatestone Institute –ISIS Already In Gaza submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Charles C. W. Cooke/National Review –The Civil War of 1776 submitted by The Noisy Room
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Israel Hayom – Radical Islam: Raging unabate submitted by The Right Planet
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – California Political Review – Berkeley Requires Marijuana Dispensaries To Provide Free Weed For Low-Income Patients submitted by VA Right!
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day and weigh in…don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..’cause we’re cool like that!