The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for the first Watcher’s Council match up of 2012, carved eternally in the akhasic records of cyberspace.
This week’s winning essay, The Mellow Jihadi’s Lance Corporal Donald Hogan, Marine Hero is a prime example of the Jihadi’s unique literary style as he takes a stirring look at an American hero in and recounts his feelings on reading about his posthumous honoring. Here’s a slice:
I am sitting in my home away from home, Panera Bread. The traffic outside is all jerky bumpers and tire shrieks. A bummy dude with an expensive laptop sprawls a seat five feet from me. I finish reading this moving post on the Marine Corps and continue my duck hunt through the web for interesting stories to share. Posts, articles, pictures that capture me, waiting for me to do the same to them.
Then this story waves at me and I know I have to salute a great hero:
A Marine who died from a roadside bomb in Afghanistan was awarded the highest honor given to members of the Corps for his heroic actions as he hurled his body into a fellow serviceman and warned the rest of the his squad of the blast.
Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said Tuesday that 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Donald Hogan is “now part of Marine lore along with the great heroes of the Corps” as he presented the fallen hero’s parents with the Navy Cross. He said his actions placed him among the “bravest and finest” in the Marines.
Semper Fi indeed.
In our non-Council category, the winner was a must read piece by an old favorite of mine, terrorism expert Dave Gaubatz writing in Family Security Matters on howMuslim Children in America are Being Taught to Hate submitted by The Political Commentator.
Eventually, we’re going to wake up to what’s happening right under our collective noses as a new generation of American Muslims is indoctrinated by people who definitely mean us no good.
Here are this week’s full results. Only New Zeal was unable to vote this week and was affected by the infamous mandatory 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes! The Mellow Jihadi – Lance Corporal Donald Hogan, Marine Hero
- Second place with 3 1/3 votes – The Right Planet- Are We a Democracy?
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit- Obama’s State Of The Union – The Hollow Man
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey-What the Gingrich South Carolina victory could mean
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Glittering Eye-You Be the Judge
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Noisy Room-Revolution Moves Into The Overton Window
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Razor-A Tale of Two Disasters: The Titanic and the Costa Concordia
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Bookworm Room –War is not, and should not be, sporting
- Sith place *t* with 1/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Going All The Way
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Simply Jews – Timothy Bancroft-Hinchey vs FUKUS
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Am I Wrong To Be Troubled Here?
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Doing away with the Electoral College! One man, one vote and majority wins!
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! –Family Security Matters– Muslim Children in America are Being Taught to Hate submitted by The Political Commentator
- Second place with 2 votes – Mark Steyn – The Sinking Of The West submitted by Joshuapundit
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Sultan Knish So You Want a Revolution… submitted by The Noisy Room
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Yourish.Com–TANSTAAFL submitted by Simply Jews
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Right Wing News –The Worst People In Politics Aren’t Racists submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Foundry –1,000 Days Without a Budget: Facts on the Senate’s Failure submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –The Compass – An Iran Attack Would Succeed, Then What? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Gay Patriot –SOTU: Obama’s last chance to change tone submitted by Right Truth
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The New Atlantis –The Global War Against Baby Girls submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –James Taranto/Best of the Web–The Genetic Fallacy submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Zero Hedge –Obama Puppetmaster Warren Buffett Biggest Winner From Keystone Pipeline Rejectionsubmitted by The Razor
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Cabinet –The Behavioral Sink submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Polipundit –Why Newt should not be the nominee submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Accuracy In Media –The FOX News Feminists submitted by New Zeal