Badda bam, badda bing!The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
We had a tie this week in the Council category. On the one hand, we had Joshuapundit’s Obama Campaign’s Latest Claim – ‘Romney Wouldn’t Have Ordered Bin-Laden Hit’ , a look at the Obama campaign’s new ad and how fraudulent this president’s touchdown dance over the bin-Laden assassination actually is.
One the other hand, we had a superb post from The Noisy Room, Pathological Politics – Predatory Partners and Persecuting Patriots a round up of exactly how crazy things are getting as the Obama Administration’s ‘enemies list’ grows and he keeps using federal regulatory agencies to wage war on them in ways that have never been seen in this country before.
One of the things I do here to earn the big bucks is break ties, which always go to my fellow Council members when I’m involved. But I would have broken the tie in favor of The Noisy Room’s Pathological Politics – Predatory Partners and Persecuting Patriots anyway. Here’s a slice:
In the notorious tradition of Nixon’s Enemies List, Obama is now openly persecuting patriots at every opportunity. He tries to shame them, taint them, marginalize them and if all that doesn’t work, he sends goons after them and either imprisons them or threatens them with imprisonment. He’s using every agency at his disposal, with a special emphasis on the EPA, FDA, IRS, SEC, ATF and Fish and Wildlife authorities. And he has hired a whole governmental ‘army’ to enforce his dictates and go after his enemies. Welcome to the American Stasi.
We have watched how Obama smears those who would dare to donate to Mitt Romney’s campaign. That should make us want to donate even more, not back down and cower in fear. We all know that Obama is determined to be reelected legally or illegally – he doesn’t care. He just wants to hold on to his power, so he can finish what he started – destroying America with his pathological politics of corruption, greed and evil. If the elections don’t suffice, he’ll invent an emergency to ensure his death grip on the throat of America.
Look at how Gibson Guitars has been treated. They have been raided multiple times, but they can’t defend themselves because in the last three years, this administration won’t say what crime they are charging them with. They are destroying a good and honest company that creates jobs and does business production here in America. Their crime – successful capitalism. Something Obama will not tolerate.
Then there are farmers. The EPA is clamping down on the Amish and others who don’t follow every regulation in an effort to put them out of business and it is working. I hear the stealthy, sly footsteps of Cass Sunstein. Soon, very soon, the government will control all our farmland and food. Then if you step out of line, they’ll just starve you to death. Farming on your own property will be illegal. It’s coming – bet on it. Right now they are seizing farmer’s bank accounts. The FDA is now using the terrorist based “Bank Secrecy Act” as justification to invade, investigate and even confiscate the bank accounts of Americans in the agricultural business.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Joel Kotkin’s piece in the City Journal, The New Class Warfare submitted by The Watcher. It’s a superb look at how the Left is systematically destroying the very Middle Class it claims to be ‘defending’.
Here are this week’s full results. Only New Zeal was unable to vote this week, but was not affected by the 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes! The Noisy Room – Pathological Politics – Predatory Partners and Persecuting Patriots
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit Obama Campaign’s Latest Claim – ‘Romney Wouldn’t Have Ordered Bin-Laden Hit’
- Third place with 2 votes – Bookworm Room-President Obama’s church is the Chapel of (Progressive) Democracy
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Independent Sentinel-Bishops Issue Call To Action To Defend Religious Liberty
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 vote – The Right Planet-Re:Islam
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor- Marriage and the State: It’s Time For a Divorce
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Rhymes With Right-Why Are We Dealing With This Again?
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Simply Jews – On Zionist Cruelty To Minors
- Fifth place with 2/3 vote – The Mellow Jihadi –The Black And White Mohawk
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – Common Theme/Common Solution
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – “Progressivism” = Insanity
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot – Spiking the Osama ball, Obama forgets what team he’s on
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – Thanks Obama:The Car Is STILL in the Ditch and Now We Are FLAT BROKE and Out of Gas!
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! –City Journal/Joel Kotkin - The New Class Warfare submitted by The Watcher
- Second place with 2 votes – OpenMarket.org – Diversity Training Doesn’t Work, But It Persists Anyway, Due to Compulsion submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – American Digest –Abortion in America: A Personal Journey submitted by Joshuapundit
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes -Powerline More Blowback Against Our Whiney, Immodest, And Shamelessly Self-Promoting President submitted by Gay Patriot
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –Zombie ‘Unite Against the War on Women’ march, Los Angeles submitted by The Razor
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote - The Duck Of Minerva –“Seriously, Guys!”: How (Not) to Write About Gender and Foreign Affairs submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote - Confessions of a Closet Republican – Obama’s Bin Laden Ad “Despicable” Says HuffPo’s Arianna Huffington submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -Afterburner with Bill Whittle –The Train Set submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Marooned In Marin –“Breitbart Is Here” DC Chapter of FreeRepublic “Freeps” The White House Correspondent’s Dinner submitted by VA Right!
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -PJ Media/J. Christian Adams – DOJ Employee Contempt for Mississippi Citizens on Facebook submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -National Review Online/Daniel Pipes And Steve Emerson –Chris Christie’s Islam Problem submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Boston Maggie –Name A Navy Ship After MOH Recipient Tom Hudner submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -World Net Daily –‘Civilization Jihad’ And Obama’s Connections submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Barry Rubin –Needed: A Marxist-Style Analysis to Understand and Combat the Extreme Left’s Hegemony submitted by The Right Planet
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion –Obama got Osama, but lost the Middle East submitted by The Watcher
4 Responses to “The Council Has Spoken! This Weeks’ Watchers Council Results”