The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
But before get to that, some important biz…
This Sunday is the birthday of our own Political Commentator, Michael Haltman!!
Now I have to say, aside from the fact he’s a truly standup guy, I’ve always admired Michael for his determination and hard work. He’s a tireless and prolific writer, and some of you may not remember, but it took him two tries to get on the Council once he wanted on. He’s one of the few I’ve seen (if any) to get outvoted for admission initially, take it in stride and keep on coming until the next vacancy was his. And since he’s been one of us, he’s proven himself to be a major asset to the Council who has always been willing to contribute richly to the group as well as being a good friend I really value.
Here’s to you, Michael.have a wonderful birthday bro, and many more! And BTW, that’s gen-u-wine New York State Champagne in those glasses!
This week’s winner,Simply Jew’s Soviet propaganda: leaving Dr. Goebbels in the dust – Part II is the second part of an absolutely wonderful essay on how Soviet propaganda ( and do take the time to go to the links of actual Soviet cartoons) targeted Israel and Jews once the Arabs became their clients, done from the viewpoint of a former Soviet citizen who experienced it first hand. Here’s a slice :
The previous post has shown that in the beginning of nineteen seventies Soviet leaders have decided to make a clean break with the Marxist-Leninist position of the internationalism, racial equality and all the related slogans and buzzwords. At least where the Jews are concerned.
It is somewhat difficult to explain to the Western mind how unique and ground-breaking was this decision. In that regime every printed word and every text transmitted via radio or read on TV was controlled, sometimes by several functionaries, and every deviation from the official party line in the media was severely punished. Control over media items prepared for external consumption was many times tougher. To imagine anyone being able to slip unapproved content of the kind described is unthinkable.
But the case of the “USSR” monthly was only a tip of the iceberg. After the Six Days War, the world became sharply divided between supporters and enemies of Israel. USSR became the chief supporter of the Arab countries, while USA, up to 1967 somewhat hesitant, came heavily on the side of Israel. The lines in the Middle Eastern sand were drawn. Immense quantities of Soviet weapons were provided to Egypt, Syria and other, less directly involved in the Israeli/Arab conflict countries. The price of the weapons was laughingly low. Thanks to the quirks of Soviet economy that allowed virtually any price to be “profitable” and to special economic arrangements that allowed Arab countries infinitely delayed credits and a partial payment in local products, the “business” flowered. Soviet citizens remember quite well cheap Algerian wine, for instance, shipped in huge vats and dispensed under some localized brand names. Or Syrian wool and Egyptian cotton… Only a few were aware of the reasons behind appearance of the unusual merchandise on the shelves.
In our non-Council category, the winner was The Gates of Vienna for Multi-Culti Child Snatchers submitted by Joshuapundit. Written by Paul Weston, Chairman of the British Freedom Party, it details how social workers in the UK are attempting to to seize a baby as soon as it is born from an expectant British mother….because she doesn’t embrace or approve of the elites policy of ‘multiculturalism’. And no , this is not a joke.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! Simply Jews – Soviet propaganda: leaving Dr. Goebbels in the dust – Part II
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room – I’m ‘Just’ A Blogger
- Third place *t* with 2 votes – Bookworm Room-King Obama the Insane -— is Obama still living the big lie, or has he slipped round the bend?
- Third place *t* with 2 votes – The Right Planet-Ann Barnhardt – Stop Drinking the LEMMENade
- Fourth place with 1 vote – Joshuapundit- How The MainStream Media Legitimizes Jew Hatred
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Mellow Jihadi- Birthing Aboard an Aircraft Carrier
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Gay Patriot-George W On My Mind
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye –This Is Not the Stimulus You Were Looking For
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! – Virginia Republican Primary Was an Epic Failure for the Virginia TEA Party
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Colossus Of Rhodey Right –What a surprise
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Will municipal bonds be the next headwind on the horizon for Jamie Dimon and JP Morgan?
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Aegypt”s Next Revolution
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Razor – On Father’s Day
- First place with 3 2/3 votes! – Gates Of Vienna- Multi-Culti Child Snatchers submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – PJ Media/Victor Davis Hanson –The Scandal Of Our Age submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Global Public Square – How dictators have evolved with the times submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Via Meadia Wilsonian Wars, Wilsonian Ruin submitted by The Razor
- Third place*t* with 1 1/3 votes – Victor Davis Hanson Are We In Revolutionary Times? submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –Kausfiles/Daily Caller –The maddening details of Obama’s DREAM Decree submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Sister Toldjah –Obama’s threat to constitutional liberty submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –World Affairs Journal –Women: Beware of Egypt submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Global Market Economics –America in Decline: The Soul Crushing Despair of The Unemployed submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Daily Caller –Border Patrol Union Demands Holder’s Resignation over Fast and Furious submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote –IOwnTheWorld.com –LEMMings submitted by The Right Planet
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council takes apart one of the provocative issues of the day an weighs in…don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter..’cause we’re cool like that!
5 Responses to “The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results”