The Council has spoken, the votes recorded, and the results are in for this week, carved eternally in the records of cyberspace.
This week we again ended up with tie between two pieces, The story of a fanatic or why Alice Walker is sailing to Gaza by Simply Jews, an excellent analysis of how a useful idiot confuses supporting evil with her personal notions of humanitarianism and Gettysburg – A Fourth Of July Long Ago by Joshuapundit, a look back at what happened outside a small Pennsylvania town on a very different July Fourth 148 years ago.
As per our ancient bylaws, signed in blood under a full moon, The Watcher loses in all ties with his fellow Council members, so Simply Jew’s The story of a fanatic or why Alice Walker is sailing to Gaza is this week’s winner, and a worthy winner it is! Here’s a slice:
I have spent some time since reading Alice Walker’s article in The Guardian Why I’m joining the Freedom Flotilla to Gaza attempting to get my head around it. I was trying to understand her motives and her justification in joining the travesty of what, in effect, was unabashedly confirmed by its leaders to be a political provocation, having nothing to do with the mythical and largely unnecessary “humanitarian assistance”. The problem with Ms Walker’s article is that, filled by so many slogans and buzzwords, it’s a veritable jumble of frequently contradictory emotions, bereft of logic and, eventually, of common sense. To borrow from a much better writer than I, Howard Jacobson:
That Alice Walker believes it is right to join the Freedom Flotilla II to Gaza I do not have the slightest doubt. But beyond associating her decision with Gandhi, Martin Luther King and very nearly, when she talks about the preciousness of children, Jesus Christ, she fails to give a single convincing reason for it.
It is easy to dismiss Alice Walker’s stance as a case of useful idiocy, as my good friends of CiF Watch rightly diagnose. And, especially when you read the full version of Walker’s article on her blog, her obsession with Israelis=Nazis imagery certainly justifies what they say:
To equate the democratic Jewish state with Nazi Germany is more than stupid, its unimaginably cruel – a simply grotesque moral inversion of the worst order.
Our winner this week in the non-Council category was Treppenwitz’s Who, what, where, why and when? submitted by Simply Jews, an examination of how a single picture can be worth 10,000 words or even more – and almost all of them biased and mistaken.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Snapped Shot was unable to vote this week and was affected by the mandatory 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 votes! Simply Jews–-The story of a fanatic or why Alice Walker is sailing to Gaza
- Second place with 2 votes – Joshuapundit-Gettysburg – A Fourth Of July Long Ago
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Rhymes With Right-The Debt Ceiling And The Fourteenth Amendment
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Glittering Eye-Impeding Innovation While Creating Artificial Scarcity
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Bookworm Room-Patriotism — or why I love America
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD -Doctrine of Constrainment
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor-Book Review: Reagan – What Was He Really Like Vol. 1, by Curtis Patrick
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – New Zeal – Matt Taibbi: Bachmann Hitpiece Author Received Socialist Award
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -The Political Commentator- What is Obama’s endgame in reaching out to the Muslim Brotherhood
- Fifth place with 2/3 vote – The Colossus Of Rhodey – The Wrong Way To Go About It
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Treppenwitz- Who, what, where, why and when? submitted bySimply Jews
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Liberty’s Spirit – As A Jew, J’accuse The Ultimate Antisemite submitted by The Watcher
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Sultan Knish – The Last Refuge Of Liberty submitted by New Zeal
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Big Peace – A Disgrace: We Can No Longer Pray For Heroes At The Veterans National Cemetery?! submitted by Right Truth
- Third place *t* with 1 vote -British Army Review/Small Wars Journal – Killing Your Way to Control submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 1 vote -Pajamas Media – Khomeini Celebrated in … Kansas City. On July 4 submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Melanie Phillips – Hillary’s new peaceful democratic friends submitted by The Watcher
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Yid With Lid – Why Gallup’s Analysis of Jewish Voters is Dishonest submitted by VA Right!
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Quando – Geithner claims GOP has no right to question debt ceiling because Constitution prohibits it submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Bill Whittle – Walking Into Mordor submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Anthony Watts / Watts Up With That? – Breaking: A peer reviewed admission that “global surface temperatures did not rise between 1998 … ” submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Victor Davis Hanson – An Exceptional Fourth of July submitted by Joshuapundit
See you next week! And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook..’cause we’re cool like that!
5 Responses to “The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results”