Alea iacta est…the Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and we have the results for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
Before we get started, some flowers, a little medicinal tonic for healing purposes and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery to Matthew White.Heal up soon Matthew!!
One definition of a friend is someone who puts him or herself in your shoes…in short someone whom exercises empathy, a quality our president himself said he prizes and was the prime qualification he looked for in his own picks for Supreme Court justices.Remember that?
This week’s winner by a nose, Joshuapundit’s Days After Boston, Obama Pressures Israel To Release Terrorists As A ‘Goodwill Gesture’ was a pretty visceral reaction on my part to how this president practiced ’empathy ‘ when it came to Israel…and at a particularly interesting time, when you would think there was every excuse for anyone who was a human being to be particularly sensitized to it Here’s a slice:
Here’s more proof that in spite of all the photo ops and rhetoric, the Obama Administration learned nothing from the Boston Marathon bombing. Nor does it particularly want to.
It hasn’t even been a week since Islamist terrorists unleashed carnage in Boston, but the Obama Administration outraged Israeli public opinion and the Israeli government by pressuring Israel to release Palestinian murderers convicted in Israeli civil courts as a goodwill gesture to Mahmoud Abbas and the Palestinian Authority.
Knesset MK Orit Struk from the Bayit Yehudi party said, “the demand is shocking, not just because the peace talks must begin without preconditions, and not just because of the danger that these terrorists will return to terrorist activity once they are released, but because the release of terrorists is an energizing shot of encouragement to terror and terrorists.”
“Every release like this,” she continued, “causes potential terrorists to make the decision to become one, because they see that they will be given support.”
Struk added, “is the America that is asking Israel to release terrorists the same America that has carried the flag in the struggle against terrorism and who recently experienced the hands of terror in their house?!”
This story made headlines in Israel.
Deputy Minister Ofir Akunis promised on the floor of the Knesset that the Netanyahu government would not cave in to U.S. demands in this area.
It’s worthwhile taking a look at who the Obama Administration demanded Israel free because they were on the Palestinian’s wish list, and what they were convicted of:
You won’t believe the list.Or the American taxpayer’s connection with it.
In our non-Council category, the winner was the always awesome Mark Steyn with The Collapsing Of The American Skull submitted by The Noisy Room. Steyn uses the Gosnell abortion trial (collapsing a baby’s skull and suctioning the child’s brains out is standard operating procedure in partial birth abortions) as a metaphor for our country’s seeming unwillingness to come to terms with some very real pathology in our national culture. Strong, stirring stuff.
OK, here are this week’s full results. Only Simply Jews was unable to vote this week,but was not affected by the usual 2/3 votes penalty.
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes! Joshuapundit –Days After Boston, Obama Pressures Israel To Release Terrorists As A ‘Goodwill Gesture’
- Second place with 2 votes – Gay Patriot– Basketball player comes out; “I could care less”
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – The Political Commentator- Hungary’s shoes of death!
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor-The Lure of the Conspiracy Theory Revisited
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Simply Jews-Boston bomber and the Waltham, Mass triple murder
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Right Planet-Chris Matthews Pushes the ‘Only Whites Can Be Racists’ Meme … Again
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Noisy Room- Amnesty – Solidifying the Marxist Control of America for Decades, If Not Permanently
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey –Should be titled The Reluctant Idiot
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Rhymes With Right –Why Is A Matter Settled 70 Years Ago Still An Issue In Our Public Schools?
- Fifth place with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room –Orwellian double think enters the gun grab debate
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Syrian Delirium
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Mellow Jihadi – A Reuters Writer Writes Me
- First place with 3 votes! – MarkSteyn-The Collapsing of the American Skull submitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – The Big Picture –Is Israel really Pakistan’s enemy? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – Robert Spencer/ FrontPage –Who We Must Blame For Boston submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –Richard Fernandez/Pajamas Media-Freedom submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote Sultan Knish –The Snake In The Bloody Garden submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Benjamin Wiker/Human Events –Why aren’t liberals more critical of Islam? submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Andrew McCarthy –Obama’s National Security Fraud submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Canada Free Press – Bad Moon Over America submitted by The Right Planet
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion –The High Cost Of Low Information Voters submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Big Jolly Politics –Harris County Republican Party: Yo, dude, do you support pedophilia? submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Buckhorn Road –Just a couple questions about the Boston Marathon bombing and its aftermath submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Hellinahandbasket.net–Canine Logo Equals Rape submitted by The Razor
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day with short takes and weigh in…don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter…..’cause we’re cool like that!