She could feel the ocean fall and rise, she saw it’s raging glory
But he had always told the truth, Lord he was an honest man
And Brandy does her best to understand
Not relevant to any news. But when I think of my favorite song, this would have to be it. I could listen to this over and over and over again and not get tired of it.
Two interesting facts. After such a catchy song, it’s hard to believe that the Looking Glass never had another major hit. (A year later they had a very minor hit with Jimmy loves Mary Ann.) From what I could learn, the Looking Glass was a hard rock band and Brandy was not their typical fare. So their fans didn’t like Brandy. And when folks who bought their record or heard their concerts because of Brandy, they, too, were disappointed. So they never developed a following.
Also Brandy had an effect on the first hit for one of the major pop artists of the 70′s. Scott English also wrote a song called Brandy. But after the Looking Glass scored with their Brandy, the name of the song was changed. Mandy became Barry Manilow’s first hit.
- Joshuapundit – Update On UCSD MSA Member Who Admitted She Wants A Second Holocaust
- The Colossus of Rhodey - The U.N. continues to prove itself a sorry joke
- Rhymes With Right - A Tale Of Two Controversies — UPDATED & BUMPED
- Bookworm Room - The “Howling Mob” theory of liberal politics
- Right Truth - The older you are, the less stress and worry you have, says survey
- The Razor – Have You Mugged Your Kid Today?
- Mere Rhetoric – BBC Middle East Editor: Watching Obama Slap Around Israel Is “Enjoyable New Experience”
- The Glittering Eye – Dealing with Unknown Unknowns
- The Provocateur – Dr. Chacko, the media and judicial purity
- Wolf Howling – In the end beauty contests always come down to …
- Rabbi Dov Fischer – Carly Fiorina, Chuck DeVore, Israel, Islam and Jesse Jackson: Only One Reasonable Choice for California Republicans Submitted by JoshuaPundit
- Cato@Liberty – President Just Can’t Leave Them Kids Alone Submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Doug Ross @ Journal - Illinois Melts Down: the Inevitable Result of Unchecked Democrat Rule Submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Iowahawk - Invisible Assholes Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Wake Up America! - Actors and Liberal Intellectuals Accuse Obama Of Crimes ‘Worse Than Bush’ Submitted by Right Truth
- Yourish - History for Arabs not Jews Submitted by The Razor
- Seraphic Secret - Jew Producer Submitted on behalf of Mere Rhetoric
- The Counterterrorism Blog - New Terrorism: Five days in Manhattan Submitted on behalf of The Glittering Eye
- Pajamas Media/Thomas Adams - Goldman Sachs and the Broken Windows Theory Submitted on behalf of The Provocateur
- Daniel Pipes Blog - Affirmative Action in Beauty Contests? Submitted on behalf of Wolf Howling
- Yaacov Lozowick’s Ruminations – The Keter in Jerusalem Submitted by the Watcher