Your eyes cast a spell that bewitches.
The last time I needed twenty stitches
The masochism tango – Tom Lehrer
In one of the more talked about news stories this week a former supporter of President Obama said:
“I’m one of your middle class Americans. And quite frankly, I’m exhausted. Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for,” a woman told President Obama at a town hall.
“My husband and I have joked for years that we thought we were well beyond the hot dogs and beans era of our lives, but, quite frankly, it’s starting to knock on our door and ring true that that might be where we’re headed again, and, quite frankly, Mr. President, I need you to answer this honestly. Is this my new reality?,” she added.
As Q & O observes:
This is probably one of the most obvious of the problems Obama and the Democrats face. Note there’s not a word of “blame Bush” in this Obama supporters words – those quoted or unquoted. She essentially says, “hey, you’ve sold me a bill of goods, or so it seems after 2 years”. In fact, she also said she was “deeply disappointed with where we are right now”.
This disappointment is likely to translate into non-votes for Democrats. Not necessarily votes for the GOP, but lack of votes for Democrats as the “deeply disappointed” and “exhausted” supporters (or former supporters) stay home.
Given the hope of two years ago; the disappointment felt by President Obama’s failures has to breed some feelings of masochism in those who voted for him so enthusiastically!
- The Colossus of Rhodey -“She is a con artist”
- VA Right – Obama Baits Tea Party: Be Specific on Cuts (Like Hope and Change?)
- The Razor – Does Islam Tolerate Secularism?
- Right Truth – Why?
- Snapped Shot – Slow Mo Sighting
- Rhymes With Right – A Whiff of Anti-Semitism
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Little Satan’s Next War
- Bookworm Room – Being forgiven for our past sins — or, maybe, O’Donnell has grown up
- The Glittering Eye – The Partisan Explanation
- JoshuaPundit – The Obama White House’s Bold New Idea “Hey, Let’s Bash Sarah Palin!!”
- Guernica - Muslim Grrrls submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Conflicted Libertarian – THESE VIRGINIA COMMUNITIES VIOLATE THE CONSTITUTION; IS YOURS ON THE LIST? submitted by VA Right
- Steven Den Best – Hot Air, The GreenRoom – Obama’s Legacy submitted by The Razor
- Gates of Vienna – Apostles of Appeasement submitted by Right Truth
- Doug Ross @ Journal – She’s Baaack! submitted by Snapped Shot
- Pajama’s Media — Bryan Preston – The Shadow Party: How a Washington-Based Liberal Activist Is Trying to Turn Texas Blue (Whether Texans Want It or Not) submitted by Rhymes With Right
- The Best Defense – Rebecca’s War Dog of the Week: Faith submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Ricochet/Pat Sajak – Withholding Power submitted by Bookworm Room
- Beltway Confidential – Prof calls fellow academics ‘sanctimonious bigots’ submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Caroline Glick – Who Lost Turkey? submitted by JoshuaPundit
- Powerline – Notes on creative destruction submitted by The Watcher