I’m working hard to pay the rent
And support my government
I was appalled when the President demanded the resignation of GM CEO, Rick Wagoner. I didn’t know anything about his performance but as Larry Kudlow put it:
Remember, as bad as Wagoner’s performance has been over the years, it was the federal government — not shareholders or the board of directors — that threw him under the bus. (By the way, GM’s board is being thrown under that same bus.) And I’m not arguing in favor of Wagoner or his board; they’ve made a zillion mistakes. But I am wondering if we’ve officially entered a new era of government-controlled business.
The other day I received an e-mail from my Senator, Ben Cardin. In the e-mail was a list of all of the benefits we’ll receive as a result of ObamaCare. It was as if the administration and its Congressional allies had sprinkled pixie dust on us repealed the laws of economics and fixed our “broken” healthcare system. The breathtaking arrogance behind the legislation is aptly illustrated by Doug Ross.
In the real world though, I looked at the list and wondered: how will we pay for it all? A number of provisions clearly will raise insurance rates. And then there was the last one, which was something – Wolf Howling brought up in his submission last week – than insurance companies must pay out 85% of their premiums in claims. Does anyone who wrote and voted for this bill know anything about how the insurance industry works? Or is the point to force private insurers into insolvency leaving us with the insurer of last resort – the government – to provide our health insurance?
It sure looks like Kudlow had a point.
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The inanity of the rest of the West
- Bookworm Room – Has there ever been a more ungracious man in the White House?
- Mere Rhetoric – Liberal Anti-Tea Party Outrage Overflowing With Nuance, Amnesia
- American Digest – Click to Fade
- Right Truth – This is a day that the Lord has made…
- The Razor – Why Tom Hanks Is Wrong About the Pacific War
- Joshuapundit – Obama Administration Strikes Disgraceful Plea Bargain With Mumbai Jihadi
- Wolf Howling – Race Cards Flying While The DNC Plays Theatre
- The Provocateur – Catching Up With Chad Harris of No Insurance Club
- Rhymes With Right – ØbamaCare — Unfunded Federal Mandates Will Break State Budgets, Too
Non Council Submissions
- Michelle Malkin – How the Left fakes the hate: A primer Submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- The Rubin Report – Has the Obama administration, against U.S. interests, declared diplomatic war on Israel? Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Max Boot / Contentions – A Lie: David Petraeus, Anti-Israel Submitted by Mere Rhetoric
- The Doctor Is In – In the Doldrums Submitted by American Digest
- Before It’s News – Why Israel Would Decisively Beat Iran Submitted by Right Truth
- Stewart Baker/ The Volokh Conspiracy – Swift Justice Submitted by The Razor
- Paul A. Rahe/Big Government – America And Israel: Tick , Tock Submitted by JoshuaPundit
- The BlogProf – Despite evidence to the contrary, Leonard Pitts Jr repeats lie that tea party movement is racist Submitted by Wolf Howling
- The Corner – Great Moments Journalism Submitted by The Provocateur
- GayPatriot – Liberal Organization Calls Gay Activists Neo Nazis? Submitted by Rhymes with Right