Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Up For Grabs
Our esteemed Council member Elise at Liberty’s Spirit has decided to take a long hiatus from blogging and is leaving the group. It has certainly been great having her aboard and all of us wish her the best in her future endeavors.
That does mean, however, that we have a seat on the Council up for grabs. If you think you might be interested or want further details on what’s involved, please leave a comment under any story on Joshuapundit complete with your e-mail address (which won’t be published, of course) for consideration.
The Council In Action!!
* Tom White at VA Right was interviewed and featured in the Columbia Journalism Review focusing on his knowledge and correct call of the defeat of Rep. Eric Cantor in Virginia by Dave Brat. Good stuff!
* Debra Heine of Nice Deb has an interesting new piece up at Breitbart concerning a One Million Dollar IRS Bounty Offered For Info Leading to White House..by one of the conservative groups that was targeted and victimized.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama’s Presidency Is Over for the Public But He’s Just Getting Started
- Simply Jews – A Hanukkah miracle in Aleppo – with a bit of physics
- The Noisy Room – The IRS Missing Email Scandal – A Brazen Obstruction Of Justice
- Joshuapundit–How The Palestinians And The Left Are Celebrating The Israeli Kidnappings
- Ask Marion – Rick Perry with Bill O’Reilly…Gov Perry Explains His Law Enforcement Surge on the Border
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Why (some) teachers complain so much
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Farewell Fouad
- Bookworm Room – A climate change poster: Scientists seem to go especially wrong when they all agree about something
- The Right Planet – About That ‘Server Ate My Emails’ Thing
- VA Right! – Nancy Russell MUST Step Down as Chair of Hanover Republican Committee
- Rhymes With Right – Hey, Texas Republicans — We Need A Change
- Nice Deb – Rep Brady to Koskinen: “This is the most corrupt and deceitful IRS in history.”
- The Razor – Immigration for Idiots
- The Glittering Eye –What Should We Do In Iraq?
- The MidKnight Review – The thinking of a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist (George Will) combined with a grass-roots understanding of the journalist’s solution to the current Constitutional crisis that is the Obama presidency.
- Sarah Honig – Immune From Penalty
- The Pirate’s Cove – Obama Admin Won’t Say How Many Illegals Were Released
- Doug Ross@Journal –IT’S COME TO THIS: Senile, Doddering Beltway GOP Begs Democrats to Support Thad Cochran in MS Primary submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- The Passing Parade – Disinvitation and the expanding intestine submitted by Simply Jews
- Mark Steyn –We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ E-Mails submitted by The Noisy Room
- Kim Strassel/WSJ – About Those Missing Emails submitted by Joshuapundit
- Wayne Dupree/ News Ninja –The Day The Democrats Took Over submitted by Ask Marion
- The Weekly Standard Blog – Feminism And Its Discontents submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- International Business Times – Isis Hoodies and T-Shirts For Sale Online As Islamist ‘Brand’ Goes Global submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Weapons Man–June is Gilbert Month submitted by Bookworm Room
- Yid With Lid – Congressional Report Quashes the Lie That the IRS Targeted Liberal/Progressive Groups submitted by The Right Planet
- PJ Media Tatler – However Bad You Think the VA Scandal Is, It’s Worse. Much Worse. submitted by VA Right!
- Bill Kristol – 2016 Or Bust submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Gabriel Malor/The Federalist –A Basic Primer On The Scott Walker Case For Ignorant Reporters – submitted by Nice Deb
- Christopher Booker/ Daily Telegraph –The Scandal of Fiddled Global Warming Data submitted by The Razor
- Walter Russell Mead/The American Interest – The Jihadi Menace Gets Real submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Gates Of Vienna – Another One of Those Bloody Honor Killings? Who Cares? Change the Channel… submitted by The Watcher
- Heather Williams – Date Night at the Abortion Movie submitted by Watcher
5 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations: Amnesty By Stealth Edition”