Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Council News: This week marks the farewell of our friend Omri over at Mere Rhetoric, who has decided to take a break from active blogging for awhile. It’s been great having Omri on the Council and we all wish him the best.
On the other hand, I promised you a special treat this week, and indeed we have one, the Council debut of The Noisy Room, a tasty site many of us have been making a regular stop out of for some time – and I’m sure you’ll want to as well.
You can, too. Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply e-mail me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Honorable mention’ no later than Monday 6PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – CPUSA – Laying a Foundation for Revolt
- VA Right – Is Political Correctness to Blame for Arizona Shootings?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Why do they do it? THE NARRATIVE.
- Joshuapundit –The Constitution War
- Simply Jews – Outsider’s look at the “drama capital of America”
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Blair Hitch Project
- Bookworm Room – Progressives live in the past when it comes to shaping the message
- Right Truth – Jon Stewart, Voice of Reason for the Left
- The Razor – Gifford Assassination Attempt Politicized by Liberals
- The Glittering Eye – Unemployment: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Rhymes With Right – Book ‘Em, Danno!
- Snapped Shot – Perspective
- The Grouch – Sometimes Knowledge Quells Optimism
- The Pagan Temple – Jared Loughner-Did He Act Alone?
- The Political Commentator – Right-Left debate: Campaign slogans versus death threats
- RS McCain/The American Spectator Blog – Arizona Shootings: ‘It was a Colossal Failure of Journalism’ submitted by The Noisy Room
- strong>Uncoverage – Cue the Angels and Patriot Guard: Westboro Baptist Church is Going to Tucson submitted by VA Right
- The Volokh Conspiracy – The First Amendment and Speech That Allegedly Threatens Public Officials submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Michael Totten – The Israeli Way of War submitted by Joshuapundit
- Terry Glavin – The Heart Of The Matter: A Corrosive, Reactionary Parochialism On ‘The Left’ submitted by Simply Jews
- The National – Arab fears about Sudan’s split have roots closer to home submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Michelle Malkin – The progressive “climate of hate:” An illustrated primer, 2000-2010 submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Rubin Report –If One Extremist Gunmen Can Do So Much Damage in America, How About Ten Million Such People In The Middle East? submitted by Right Truth
- Zero Hedge – No Wonder We’re Failing: Our Power Elites’ Sole Expertise Is Being Privileged submitted by The Razor
- James Taranto/Best of the Web Today – The Authoritarian Media submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sweetness & Light – AP: Health Costs Make Millions More Poorsubmitted by Rhymes with Right
- IsraeliGirl – Gaza 2011 – Your next vacation destination submitted by The Watcher
- Doug Ross – Legends of Law Enforcement: Sheriff Clarence L. Dupnik submitted by The Watcher
4 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Birthday Bash Edition”