Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This was definitely the week of Mr. Bill’s revenge on the man he once labeled ‘a Chicago thug’. Not only was President Obama forced to call on Bubba for assistance in trying to get the Lame Duck House Democrats to swallow Obama’s compromise with the Republicans on taxes, but at their joint press conference we saw something queer, disturbing and never before seen in our beloved Republic.
After Obama spoke a sentence or two about what a productive meeting they had , Clinton made an initial statement about Obama’s tax compromise with the Republicans. ..and then simply kept rolling, staying at the podium to call on the excited reporters and take questions.
Obama stood there in silence for a few minutes, and then said he had to go see Michelle, as he was keeping her “waiting” and had to toddle along to a Holiday party.
And lo and behold, we saw Clinton dismiss him, saying, “I don’t want to make her mad, please go.”
After which Mr. Bill rambled on for a good while not only about the tax bill,(did anyone in the dinosaur media mention that both Clinton and Obama were trying to prevent the Clinton era taxation levels from returning because they were poisonous to the economy?) but a whole slew of other topics, including pimping for the START treaty, AKA unilateral nuclear disarmament by the US.
Observe this pathetic spectacle. Here we have a sitting president of the United States getting paid $400,000 per year plus innumerable perks, including room and board and free medical ducking out and running for cover to attend holiday parties with Mooch-elle while Bill Clinton, who is apparently now our Assistant President does the heavy lifting and substitutes for him!
Being president is more than speeches,parties, golf, $100 per pound wagyu steak, Air Force One and foreign trips…it’s a job and it involves work, especially when the heat is on. What and whom did we hire?
I can only imagine being a fly on the wall and listening to the discussion the Clintons had between themselves over this afterward.It must have been hilarious.
So that said, let’s see what we have this week….
- Simply Jews – Thomas L. Friedman reader – chapter one
- The Colossus of Rhodey – What makes America great …?
- Joshuapundit -Israel Slammed For Rejecting Non-Existent Obama ‘Offer’ On Building Freeze!?!
- VA Right - Most Ridiculous Question Asked of Cuccinelli in ObamaCare Press Conference
- Rhymes With Right – Ill-Advised Religious Rights Suit Brought Against School District By Feds
- Right Truth – Support for Repeal of Obama-care Increases
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Unleashed!
- Bookworm Room – It’s no fun, being an illegal alien
- Mere Rhetoric – The Night After – London’s Parliament Square In Ruins [Photos]
- The Razor – Japan Gets Serious
- The Glittering Eye -The Debate Over Higher Education (Updated)
- Snapped Shot – Rebooting This Blog
- Blazing Cat Fur – Finally! Mine Own Fatwa! submitted by Simply Jews
- Common Sense Political Thought – Is Popcorn Fine For Soap Opera Watching? submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Raymond Ibrahim/Pajamas Media – Islamists Target Christians ‘Wherever They Can Reach Them’ submitted by Joshuapundit
- Hot Air – The Mandate Hangover submitted by VA Right
- Confederate Yankee – December 11, 2010 The Handy-Dandy, All-Purpose Entrapment Defensesubmitted by Rhymes with Right
- Mediaite -Christopher Hitchens Slams Glenn Beck, Tea Party In Vanity Fair submitted by Right Truth
- The Compass – Drivers of Suicide Terrorism submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Blackfive – Lt. Gen. John Kelly on the two that stood their ground submitted by Bookworm Room
- Just Journalism – WikiLeaks on Iran: An analysis of newspaper coverage submitted by Mere Rhetoric
- Shrinkwrapped – The Morality of the Ubermensch submitted by The Razor
- Outside the Beltway – The Julian Assange Case, Consent, And Rape submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Elder Of Ziyon – Some history found, some history recovered submitted by Snapped Shot
- Sultan Knish – How the Internet Destroyed American Politics submitted by The Watcher, Via Soccer Dad