Parting is such sweet sorrow – not!
Yes, Piers Morgan’s show has finally been cancelled by CNN. Not only were the ratings abysmal, but apparently even his own staff disliked working with him.
So, CNN head Jeff Zucker had a sit down with Mr. Morgan and that was pretty much it.
Piers Morgan, of course blamed it on American audiences, but let’s face it, anyone with a Brit accent automatically gets credit for 20 more IQ points by an American audience, however unjustified. In Piers Morgan’s case, people flat out found him unlikeable, overbearing and unwatchable:
“Look, I am a British guy debating American cultural issues, including guns, which has been very polarizing, and there is no doubt that there are many in the audience who are tired of me banging on about it,” he said. “That’s run its course and Jeff and I have been talking for some time about different ways of using me.”
Actually, I have some inside info on how Jeff Zucker is going to be using him until his contract runs out in September, and I’m sure it will work out.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Ah, first off we have some important business to take care of…it’s time to celebrate Greg at Rhymes With Right’s birthday! The big day was actually yesterday, but we’ll celebrate it today:
I had this cake made up special:
For liquid refreshment, an assortment of Shiner Bock, of course.
With some nice, tender bar-b-cued brisket and my own special sauce:
Greg’s one of the few Council members who was here when I came aboard, so I’ve gotten to know him pretty well and vice versa. He’s been a good friend over the years, and the Council definitely wouldn’t be the same without him. When my site was targeted by Leftards and suspended by Blogger a few years back, Greg was one of those who offered me posting privileges over at his site for the few days it took until Google got its act together realized what had happened and put me back online. I haven’t forgotten that.
Happy Birthday Greg, give the Darling Democrat a hug and a kiss for me, and many, many more.
THE COUNCIL IN ACTION!
Bookworm Room was cited at Ace of Spades HQ
Liberty’s Spirit has a new piece up at the Times of Israel, Inclusion for those with Disabilities Requires Educating Society
Nice Deb has a new piece up at Breitbart, White House Threatens To Veto House IRS Bill
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without further ado, let’s see what we have this week….
- Simply Jews – The water proof: the facts, the myths and other animals
- The Noisy Room – Ukraine – A Look Into America’s Possible Future
- Liberty’s Spirit – Freedom from Offense Channeling Fascism
- Joshuapundit-Obama Appoints Hamas Ally To Key National Security Post
- The Colossus of Rhodey – If I Didn’t Know Better, I’d Think There Was an Obama-Media Conspiracy Here
- Ask Marion – Palin Derangement Syndrome Revisited
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Cut Rate Army
- The Right Planet – How Are Socialism, Communism and Fascism All the Same?
- The Independent Sentinel – Attack on Our Power Grid: The Existential Threat No One Is Talking About
- Nice Deb – Dinesh D’Souza: Obama’s Vindictive, His Kenyan Family Paranoid (Video)
- The Glittering Eye -The 21st Century Robber Barons
- The Razor – The Chill of Self-Censorship
- Rhymes With Right – Excess Campaign Contribution Kerfluffle Raises A Different Issue Than It First Appears
- Bookworm Room – To achieve partisan political goals, the American media destroys the precious right and moral mandate given to it by the Constitution
- VA Right! - It is Time for the Mechanicsville TEA Party to put on their Big Boy Pants
- The Pirate’s Cove – Krauthammer’s “Climate Change” Piece Exposes The Fascism Of The Warmists
- Tel-Chai Nation – Abe Foxman is a most evil man
- The Sad Red Earth – A Misguided Argument About Anti-Semitism submitted by Simply Jews
- Sultan Knish –One Election Away from Losing Our Freedom submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mark Steyn – Hath not a Jew Eyes submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mark K. Lewis/Daily Caller – When ‘leave us alone’ became ‘bake us a cake!’ submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Foundry – Blame America-First Crowd Ignores Terrorist Threats and Dictators submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Gulag Bound - EXCLUSIVE: Former NSA Employee Speaks Out About its Corruption submitted by Ask Marion
- Breaking Defense – The Army Force Cuts: 3 Truths, 4 Fallacies submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- American Thinker – Why Obama is Uneducated submitted by The Right Planet
- Victor Davis Hanson –When Failure Is Success submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Ann Coulter -New Obama Promise: If You Like Your Life, You Can Keep It submitted by Nice Deb
- Bethany Mandel/PJMedia – 7 Famous Supporters of the Chavez Regime submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Roger Berkowitz/The American Interest –The Irony of the Elite submitted by The Razor
- Doug Ross @ Journal – The Wictionary Definition Of Fascism submitted by Rhymes with Right
- WSJ/- Stephen Blackwood: ObamaCare and My Mother’s Cancer Medicine submitted by Bookworm Room
- Young Conservatives – These 20 “Only in America” ironies need to be read by every single American submitted by VA Right!
- James Delingpole/Breitbart.com – 12 Reasons Why Everyone Hates Piers Morgan submitted by The Watcher
- Gates Of Vienna – The Protocols of the Princes of Saudia submitted by Watcher
5 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Buh Bye Piers Edition”