Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Well, the Republican primary is finally over,and Mitt Romney and the rest of the GOP can finally begin directing their energies, time and money where they belong – at defeating Barack Obama.
I pretty much said all I felt needed to be said about Rick Santorum’s exit yesterday. He’s essentially a Big Government progressive from the other end of the telescope. He frequently folded under pressure and would have been an easily defeatable candidate..not to mention an abysmal president even if he somehow managed to eke out a win. He simply wasn’t ready for prime time.
While Mitt Romney is not my ideal candidate ( she stayed home in Wasilla) I can definitely live with him and I think he has the makings of a good president, especially if he’s pushed rightwards by a conservative House and Senate. He was also the only candidate who actually ran with a fighting chance of winning.
It’s time to concentrate on exposing President Obama’s abysmal record and concentrate on victory not only the battle for the White House but in the battles for Congress. That’s gong to be a difficult climb, but it’s doable if we all work together for it. Anyone who takes his or her toys and goes home at this point is simply casting a vote for four more years of the most corrupt, dysfunctional and destructive President in the history of our Beloved Republic.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – A Wicked Financial Storm Descends On America
- The Independent Sentinel – Nationalization of the United States Inches Closer to Reality
- The Political Commentator – The New York Times: Purveyor of unbiased news or of artitorials masquerading as unbiased news?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – One BIG reason to be glad you live in the United States
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Little Satan”s Strike Package
- The Right Planet – The Dialog About Race
- Gay Patriot – On the unrecognized(?) loneliness in the gay male community
- Bookworm Room – Stockholm Syndrome, Victimization, and the media’s version of American men
- VA Right! – Holder’s Justice
- Joshuapundit–Beauty Queen Kicked Out Of Miss Universe Contest – Because She Was Born A Boy!
- The Glittering Eye –I Think He’s Forgotten Something
- Simply Jews – Habima and Policies of Exclusion
- The Mellow Jihadi – Female Gun-blogger Gets Angry at Bill Cosby
- The Razor – Why There Are No Such Things As Unnecessary Tests
- Rhymes With Right – A Study In Moral Obtuseness
- Modern Sojourners – Dads – Praying For Your Family
- The Pirate’s Cove – Globull Warming Killing US Ecosystems…..Oh, Wait
- Maggie’s Notebook – George Zimmerman Family to Holder – New Black Panthers: Why No Arrest? Because They Are Black?
- The Blaze/Billy Hallowell –Rev. Wright Unleashed: ‘White Supremacy’ Drives ‘World Policy,’ Allah & Yahweh Are the ‘Same’…and Clarence Thomas Is Worshipping ‘Some Other God’ submitted by The Noisy Room
- Gatestone Institute – The Silent Terrorists: Muslim Brotherhood’s Political Terrorism Strategy submitted by The The Independent Sentinel
- Sultan Knish –One Hundred Broken Mirrors submitted by The Political Commentator
- Yourish.com – Your Easter media bias submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Pressure Points – Will Assad Return To Killing Lebanese Leaders? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Blaze – Race Wars Part II: Beck Explains How the Left is Co-Opting Martin Luther King While Fanning the Flames of Racism submitted by The Right Planet
- The Enterprise Blog –If Obama loses in November, it’ll probably be because of this chart submitted by Gay Patriot
- Big Government –
O’Keefe Voter Fraud Investigation: Young Man Offered Holder’s Ballot submitted by VA Right!
- Pat Condell – Israel and the United Nations submitted by Joshuapundit
- Les Jones – NBC fires editor for altering Zimmerman 911 call; when will MSNBC fire the writer who did the same? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Troglodyte –When Does Socialism Begin? submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Via Meadia –Don’t Know Much About Theology submitted by The Razor
- Truth On The Market – My Professor, My Judge, and the Doctrine of Judicial Review submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Melanie Phillips – A lethal game-changer for British politics? submitted by The Watcher
- Giulio Meotti/FrontPage – The Christian Era in the Middle East Is Over submitted by The Watcher
5 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Buh Bye Rick Edition”