Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
In which universe is he living? Or as Mitt Romney said, “Is he really that out of touch?” Maybe what he meant was, ‘The private sector’s doing fine – well, at least Michelle and I are!”
Thia week’s contest in dedicated to the L.A. Kings for finally taking the Stanley Cup. And especially to this guy.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply slide on over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
OK, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – Murder By Proxy
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Dopey News Journal Letter of the Week
- The Political Commentator – Brooklyn, New York principal decides that “Proud to be an American” is an inappropriate song!
- The Independent Sentinel – DNC Prop – Cindy Sheehan – Where Did She Go?
- Simply Jews – Soviet propaganda: leaving Dr. Goebbels in the dust – Part I
- VA Right! – Let’s Bring Dodge-Ball Back to Schools!
- Bookworm Room – What’s in a name? As Reagan understood, whether from the Left or the Right, tyranny is tyranny.
- Gay Patriot – Running up the tab for steak dinner, Obama blames Republicans for sticking him with the tab
- The Right Planet – Pigs, Schmucks and Marx: The Dictatorship of the Professorial
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Risk and Rivalry
- The Razor – Attack on Fracking Betrays Shaky Understanding of Economics
- The Glittering Eye –What Won’t Happen in a Second Obama Term
- The Mellow Jihadi – Halden Prison in Norway
- Rhymes With Right – Another Riff On The Race-Based Academic Awards Theme
- Right Truth – Airstrikes on civilian homes are not allowed
- Ask Marion – Democrats Beginning to Admit that Obama Could Lose… Was Last Week Obama’s Kickoff to an Inglorious Demise?
- The Pirates Cove – What Say To $36 Trillion In Spending For Globull Warming?
- Against All Enemies – The United Nations and the One World Government
- Caroline Glick –Defeating the Jewish Alinskyites submitted by The Noisy Room
- The First Street Journal – Voluntarily paying higher taxes? submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sultan Knish –What Bill Clinton knows submitted by The Political Commentator
- Accuracy In Media – (Video)Obama and Israel: The Undermining of an Historic Relationship submitted by Joshuapundit
- Roll Call Opinion – Needham and Chapman: Farm Bill Provides Fertile Ground for Change submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- The Sad Red Earth – The Peace And Justice Charade submitted by Simply Jews
- Breitbart.com – Exclusive: Caddell Names National Security Adviser Tom Donilon As Source For Leaks submitted by VA Right!
- Green Explored–The US EPA Makes 40.6 equal 118 MPG or 34.4% equal $100 submitted by Bookworm Room
- Commentary Contentions –Watergate and the White House Leaks submitted by Gay Patriot
- Ace Of Spades HQ – How The Left Abandoned Traditional Notions of Restraint, Reserve, and Self-Mastery In Favor Of Righteous Rage, And How The Right Has Sadly Followed Them submitted by The Right Planet
- Pressure Points – The Syria Charade Turns Ghastly submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Michael J. Totten –Women: Beware of Egypt submitted by The Razor
- Sean Trende/Real Clear Politics – What Obama Should Have Done in 2009submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Big Lizards – How’s the Economy? Minder Your Own Business! submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Daniel Pipes – Stay Out Of The Syrian Morass submitted by The Watcher
- Victor Davis Hanson – ‘Austerity’ vs. ‘Growth’ submitted by The Watcher