Rep.John Boehner was narrowly elected for another term as Speaker, even though over 60% of Republicans wanted him gone according to most polls. Boehner’s chief leverage was his ability to retaliate against those challenging him, and with his re-election, that’s already begun.
A better and more effective leader might have taken a look at the widespread dissatisfaction with him and attempted to bridge the gap, but that is apparently not who John Boehner is.
How long can a political party continue to ignore and disrespect its base and continue to win elections? I think we’re about to find out.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
Tom White At Virginia Right! scored big time as Rush Limbaugh linked to an article in Young Conservatives that featured Tom’s video on the Blame America video shown in Hanover Va schools.Council Akbar!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Independent Sentinel – Cuomo’s Captious New Law: No More Selfies With Tigers and Lion
- The Noisy Room – John McCain’s Progressive Hand Is Behind The Purge Of Tea Party Detractors From The Arizona GOP
- Simply Jews – Jonathan Freedland and the liberal Zionists’ support: thanks but no thanks
- Bookworm Room – The New York Times ignores the reasons why Swedes might be turning against immigrants
- The Razor – What I learned In 2014
- Nice Deb – Lefty Losers Spam Twitter With Lie About Officer Liu’s Widow
- Joshuapundit–Who’s ‘Responsibility?’
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Mother Russia
- The Right Planet – British Lawmaker: Hitler Was a Socialist
- The Glittering Eye –The Problem With Student Debt
- VA Right! – Barack Obama – The President of No!
- Ask Marion – Time For GOP Leadership
- Rhymes With Right – Why Hasn’t Speaker Joe Straus Been Indicted?
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Dennis Ross: “Stop Giving Palestinians a Pass”
- The Pirate’s Cove – Five Warning Signs You’ve Joined A Cult
- Tel Chai Nation – Campus Oppression
- Sultan Knish –December 31st, 1912 submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Daniel Greenfield –Obama Frees a Nuclear Terrorist submitted by The Noisy Room
- Klari Goldman Bates/ Times Of Israel – A Tango With Hypocrisy submitted by Simply Jews
- Castra Praetoria–New Year’s Initium: Seek Responsibility submitted by Bookworm Room
- Peter Pomerantsev/Politico – Inside Putin’s Information War submitted by The Razor
- Weasel Zippers –Today #BlackLivesMatters Imploded submitted by Nice Deb
- Victor Davis Hanson – Autopilot nation submitted by Joshuapundit
- USNI News – Navy Wants Rail Guns to Fight Ballistic and Supersonic Missiles Says RFI submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Publius Huldah – Propaganda And The Conspiracy against Our Constitution submitted by The Right Planet
- Roger L. Simon/PJ Media – Egypt’s al-Sisi Makes Extraordinary Speech on Islam submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Angry White Dude – Trust the Republicans They Said! This Time Will Be Different, They Said!submitted by VA Right!
- Rush Limbaugh –The GOP Leadership’s Attitude Toward Its Own Base Is Unprecedentedsubmitted by Ask Marion
- Powerline – Liberals Can’t Argue, They Can Only Bully [Updated] submitted by The Watcher
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – The Unspectacular NOW! submitted by The Watcher