Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, our friend and Council mate Hube over at the Colossus of Rhodey celebrated a real milestone…ten years of blogging! Congrats, Amigo!
Former Council fixture and esteemed member of the Watcher’s Council community David Gerstman let me know about a wonderful event in his family..his first grandchild. Mazel Tov and behatzlechah gadol, habibi.
Our friend and Council mate Michael over at The Political Commentator participated in a unique event last week, boxing for charity. Not only did he showus that his skills extend to the Sweet Science and win his bout, but the event raised over $300,000 for some excellent causes, so that’s two victories with one blow we can congratulate him on. Respect, Micheal, very, very, well done.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
OK, let’s see what we have this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – Control Education-Control the Future
- The Noisy Room – Astroturfed Marxists Call for an Obama Dictatorship
- The Right Planet – UNCONSCIONABLE! Cancer Patient Who Spoke Out Against ObamaCare Now Being Audited
- The Political Commentator – An Obama third term? Here we go…
- Simply Jews – The Iran deal: another big red herring
- Nice Deb – The IRS Continues to Punish Obamas Enemies (Video)
- Joshuapundit–About That ‘Jewish Controlled Media’
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Battle For Protecting Troops On The Ground
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Ridiculous lawsuit
- The Razor – The Rich Get Richer Thanks to the Fed
- The Glittering Eye –Sacrificing A Pawn
- Bookworm Room – Why a healthy society should resist the new generation of gender-neutral pronouns
- VA Right! – New Christmas Song – ‘Deployed Again for Christmas’ – Christmas Tribute to our Troops!
- The Mellow Jihadi – A close shave save’s you 100′s of $/£
- Rhymes With Right – Obama’s Secret Police
- Ask Marion – The War on Christmas verses the Spirit of Christmas Series 2013 – WoC 2013
- Boker Tov Boulder – A White House Debased: Politicizing Thanksgiving
- Right Truth – Honor And Betrayal: The Untold Story Of The Navy SEALS Who Captured The “Butcher Of Fallujah”And The Ordeal they Later Endured
- The Pirate’s Cove – Bummer: “Climate Change” Is Aiding Al Qaeda
- Charles Krauthammer – An Outbreak of Lawlessness submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mark Steyn/NRO – Surrender in Geneva submitted by The Noisy Room
- C. Steven Tucker – The TRUTH About Preexisting Conditions submitted by The Right Planet
- World Net Daily –Brand-New Fears For U.S. Dollar Disaster submitted by The Political Commentator
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – For our Iran nuke deal negotiator, there’s no business, like failed business submitted by Simply Jews
- M. Northrop Buechner/Forbes –Obama’s Disdain For The Constitution Means We Risk Losing Our Republic submitted by Nice Deb
- Michael Totten – The Once Great City of Havana submitted by Joshuapundit
- War On The Rocks – Keep Fighting! Why The Counterinsurgency Debate Must Go On submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Douglas Ernst – 113th Congress deemed least productive ever by officials with a perverse love of new laws submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- PJ O’Rourke –The Boomer Bust submitted by The Razor
- Kyle Mizokami/War Is Boring – If China’s Airspace Grab Turns Violent, This Is What Could Happen submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Thomas Sowell/IBD–Is Black Underperformance The Result Of Welfare State, Victimhood? submitted by Bookworm Room
- Truth Revolt – Issa Accuses FBI of Impeding Investigation into IRS Targeting of Conservatives submitted by VA Right!
- Joel Kotkin – The Revolt Against Urban Gentry submitted by The Watcher
- Marc Thiessen/ Washington Post – For Democrats in 2014, the Web site is not the problem submitted by Watcher
6 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Lawless Edition”