Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
We have a special treat in store for you Watcher’s Council Fans! New Zeal joins our group as a Council member and makes his debut this week. Go check out his fine site and join us in welcoming him aboard.
You can, too. Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply e-mail me a link at email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Honorable mention’ no later than Monday 6PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, and the ensuing fame, notoriety and enhanced hit count is all yours. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – So, What is the Going Price for a Soul Nowadays?
- Rhymes With Right – The OTHER Problems With Public Sector Unions
- Simply Jews – Moammar Gadhafi and his potential heirs
- Joshuapundit –Schooling Dave Weigel On ‘Incivility’
- The Political Commentator – Can a president be sued for malpractice? More specifically this President!
- Snapped Shot – Welcome To Snapped Shot 8!
- The Razor – Reward Some Teachers, Fire Others and Allow All to Teach
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Reality bites
- Bookworm Room – Conservative candidates are better looking
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Amazonian Guard
- VA Right – Why ‘Across the Board Spending Cuts’ Are Not the Answer
- The Glittering Eye –Two Bits of Economic Jargon
- Right Truth – Abuse in the Emergency Room
- New Zeal –Egypt lite! Socialists Organize Students in Solidarity With Wisconsin Protests
- Liberty’s Spirit – Women’s Rights in the Middle East – Put it on the Agenda
- Maggie’s Notebook – Black Panthers are Eric Holder’s “People”
- Gulag Bound–Updated: Truthing Up, in the Face of Marxist Spawned Power in Wisconsin submitted by The Noisy Room
- RedState/Tabitha Hale – Union Thuggery Descends On FreedomWorkssubmitted by Rhymes with Right
- Israel News – Viva Mubarak! Say what??? submitted by Simply Jews
- LATMA – The Arab Democracy Anthem: Love, Freedom and Kill The Jews! submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Silent Majority –R.E.S.P.E.C.T Obama gets none! submitted by The Political Commentator
- Gateway Pundit – Eco-Fail… £25,000 Classroom Can’t Be Used Because It’s Too Cold submitted by Snapped Shot
- The American Interest/Via Meadia –Blue State Dems Turn on State, Local Workers submitted by The Razor
- The Foundry – Treatment of Libya Illustrates the Fatuousness of the Human Rights Council submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Bruce Kesler/Maggie’s Farm–Jawohl, Mein Professor submitted by Bookworm Room
- Foreign Policy Initiative – Foreign Policy Experts Urge President to Take Action to Halt Violence in Libya
submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Publius Forum – Government Employee Unions Undemocratic, Unfair, Unsustainablesubmitted by VA Right
- Via Meadia – Race To The Bottom? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Planck’s Constant –Avoiding Jewish Products May Kill You submitted by Right Truth
- Weasel Zippers – Pakistani School Children Play Make-Believe Suicide Bombing Game… submitted by New Zeal
- Lenny Ben-David/Pajamas Media – Twenty-Six Reasons J Street’s Demise Shouldn’t Be Mourned submitted by The Watcher
- J.E. Dyer – Team Obama: Game Theorists submitted by The Watcher