Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Council alum Trevor Loudon’s new book, “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress” is due out August 20th, and if you’re familiar with his last one, you know you’re in for a superb read.
Superbly written and well sourced, it details the real roots of the toxic alliance between progressives, communists and socialists in America and connects the dots on a great deal of what’s going on today.
You can preorder “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress” by clicking on the above icon.
Today’s a special day…the birthday of our own Michael Haltmann, The Political Commentator!
Actually, the big day was yesterday, but sometimes you need a little extra time to plan a proper party. Plus this way, I bet he thought I forgot…..
Michael’s a tireless and prolific writer,blogger and a good friend I really value. You can always count on him to step in and make a difference when it counts, and that’s an increasingly rare quality.
And in honor of his special day, we celebrate!
Only New York’s finest,a nifty raspberry swirl cheesecake from Junior’s in Brooklyn will do.
And to go with, straight outta the Finger Lakes, some fine Genuine New York State Champagne, Great Western’s Extra Dry:
A special birthday do for a very special person. Many more, Michael…here’s to you!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So,without further ado, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – The Bracken Effect: An American Communist Putsch
- The Political Commentator – China and Russia bogarting the ‘joint’ in the Snowden espionage scandal!
- Simply Jews – PRISM and you: how endangered you are, my friend?
- Liberty’s Spirit – Modern Punditry, Bullying and the Channeling of Bitchy Adolescents: Shame on US
- Joshuapundit–Fear And Loathing In DC – The Gang Of Eight’s Amnesty Bill Is A Disaster
- The Mellow Jihadi – The New Yorker Blows Off the Navy
- VA Right! – New Video:Broken Children
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – President Obama’s rush towards US unilateral disarmament
- The Razor – Was Michael Hastings’ Car Hacked?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Hube’s Favorite Conspiracy Movies of All Time
- The Right Planet – The Spirit of Defeat
- The Glittering Eye –Cui Bono?
- Bookworm Room – The Democrat’s attacks on free speech on their approach to the immigration bill demonstrate what good strategists they are.
- Rhymes With Right – Joe Biden’s Bad Theology
- Nice Deb – Re The Bill Cunningham and Tamara Holder Cage Match (Video)
- Ask Marion – McCaughey: Obamacare is About Funding Democrats
- The Pirate’s Cove – Fifteen Republicans Duped By Shumer-Corker-Hoeven Border Amnesty Bill
- Bill Gertz/The Washington Free Beacon –Obama Directs New Limits on Pentagon Nuclear Weapons Use submitted by The Noisy Room
- Family Security Matters/Jim Horn –The Deception Marathon of Benghazigate/Bostongate – a Conspiracy?submitted by The Political Commentator
- The Sad Red Earth – “It goes without saying”: the Further Rhetoric of Terrorist Apologia submitted by Simply Jews
- Gatestone Institute/Peter Huessey – The World’s policeman Goes On Coffee Break submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Victor Davis Hanson – If Only Our Foreign Enemies Were Republicans submitted by Joshuapundit
- Roger L. Simon–What Snowden Knew submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- The New American – Supreme Court Bombshell: No Right to Remain Silent submitted by VA Right!
- Small Wars Journal – The Future of Military Innovation submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Guy Somerset/Taki’s Mag –The Importance Of Hatred submitted by The Razor
- The First Street Journal – President Obama Gets Bitch Slapped submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- N. A. Halkides/Frontpagemag.com – Inside the Progressive Mind submitted by The Right Planet
- Neo-Neocon – Michael Hastings, Obama, and the swoon submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Michael Totten–Hezbollah’s Disneyland submitted by Bookworm Room
- Doug Ross – Crime Pays: And the Rubio-Schumer Amnesty Bill Proves It submitted by Rhymes with Right
- White House Dossier –Michelle to Stay in $3,300-a-Night Dublin Hotel Suite submitted by Nice Deb
- PJ Media – The Elephant in the Room: A Review of Dr. Helen Smith’s Revelatory New Book, Men on Strike submitted by The Watcher
- Gates Of Vienna – The Istanbul Process Continues submitted by The Watcher
3 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Out Of Gas Edition”