Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
The Council In Action!:
Greg Aydt over at Rhymes With Right was profiled in a column by the Houston Chronicle after his stand against ‘paid political endorsements’ for GOP candidates in his local county. He has more on the story in his Council nomination this week.
My latest piece, ‘About That Letter From ’150 Prominent American Jews’ is up at The Times Of Israel and concerns a letter sent to Israeli PM Netanyahu by a number of self-styled American Jewish leaders, whom they are and what it really means. My thanks to all of you whom linked to it and tweeted it.
Debra Heine of Nice Deb posts regularly at Breitbart, and her latest piece is up The Time Patrick Kennedy Channeled Matt Foley On The House Floor (Video). Comedy gold!
Noted author and Council Alumni Trever Loudon continues with his book tour for his latest opus,“The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress” .He’ll be appearing on the Glenn Beck Program on ‘The Blaze’ TV next month,with taping scheduled for March 27th.
He’ll also be appearing:
At the American Academy for Constitutional Education
Wednesday, February 19 at 6:30 pm, Immaculate Heart High School
625 E. Magee Raod
Tucson, AZ 85704
On Shane Krauser’s radio show on 1100 KNFX starting at 1:00 pm February 20
At the Scottsdale TEA Party
Thursday, February 20 | 6:30 pm at the Chaparral Suites
5001 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
As the opening speaker at The Western Conservative Conference
Friday, February 21 at 6:00 pm and again February 22, held at the Phoenix Convention Center
100 N. 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
February 22nd on 1100AM with KFNX Host, Steve Kates, 2:00 pm and again on The ‘Proclaiming Liberty Show’ with Christian Tisch, 960AM 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Feb 23rd on The Lisa Benson Show, KKNT 960AM, Phoenix 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Speaking to The Las Vegas TEA Party Wednesday, February 26 | 6:30 – 8:00 pm at A Thyme for All Seasons
310 East Warm Springs, Las Vegas, NV 89119
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- Joshuapundit-Obama And Hollande – Scenes From The Class Struggle
- The Noisy Room – Iran and the New Axis of Evil
- The Right Planet – My Meeting with Trevor Loudon
- The Independent Sentinel – Government’s Land Grab on Behalf of the Defunct Dusky Gopher Frog Continues On
- Simply Jews – Roger Cohen reclassified: mostly inoffensive
- Liberty’s Spirit – Signing Statements a Violation of the US Constitution
- Rhymes With Right – Since Folks Are Asking Me About It
- Ask Marion – Shirley Temple – The Biggest Little Star Has Died
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Reaping The Whirlwind
- The Razor – The Dollars and Sense of College Education
- Nice Deb – Video: Nancy Pelosi: ‘We did not treat President Bush This Way'(No, They Treated Him Much Worse)
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Good thing our government cares about the important things
- Bookworm Room – I’ve finally figured out why I dislike the gay rights’ movement — and it has nothing to do with my support for gay civil rights
- VA Right! - Inept Judge Confuses Constitution, Declaration of Independence in Striking VA’s Marriage Amendment
- The Glittering Eye-Degree, Kind, and Appointing Ambassadors
- The Blue Ridge Forum – Reagan Was Tea Party Before There Was A Tea Party
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Cutting through the BDS BS
- The Pirate’s Cove – It’s Apparently “Abrupt Climate Change, You Stupid People”
- Sipsey Street Irregulars – An Open Letter to the Men and Women of the Connecticut State Police: You are NOT the enemy (UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO BE.) submitted by Joshuapundit
- Mark Steyn –The Two-Party One-Party State submitted by The Noisy Room
- American Thinker – Barack Hussein Soebarkah? submitted by The Right Planet
- The Jag Hunter -A Message From Roger Herman Regarding Marine Sergeant Lawrence Gordon Hutchins III submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Richard Fernandez/Pajamas Media – Inheriting the Earth submitted by Simply Jews
- Sohab Amari/WSJ – The Shame Of Princeton submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Doug Ross@Journal – Dear beautiful America, please, stop moving Forward (Guest Post by Aleksey) submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Alana Goodman/Washington Free Beacon –Restricted Access submitted by Ask Marion
- German Marshall Fund – Al Qaeda’s Possible Collapse in Syria submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- New England Center for Investigative Reporting –New Analysis Shows Problematic Boom In Higher Ed Administrators submitted by The Razor
- The Matt Walsh Blog -Lying, coercing, manipulating, defrauding, and scheming – for marriage equality! submitted by Nice Deb
- The New Criterion – Debate Club submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Zombie/PJ Media- .00001 Billion Rising: Another Failed Mass Movement submitted by Bookworm Room
- Red Alert Politics – Trey Gowdy: Blank right, Congress is going to use the power of the purse against Obama submitted by VA Right!
- Todd Zywicki/The Volokh Conspiracy – Dionne v. Hayek submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Ruben Navarrette/CNN – Clarence Thomas is right about race submitted by The Watcher
- Caroline Glick – Why Turkey Is Gone For Good submitted by Watcher
5 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Partying At The Brink Edition”