Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Sometimes, you actually get to be a part of the news rather than merely reporting it. Our friend and Council Alumnus Sara over at the Independent Sentinel did just that, and spent Sunday at the Million Vet March in DC.
If you want to know what really happened as opposed to what the talking heads in the media are peddling, she was there, and she wrote these superb pieces about it, one of which is a Watchers Pick this week. But I recommend you read all of them…What Really Happened at the Million Vet March in DC, Mr. Obamachev, We Tore Down These Walls, Million Vet March on Stalag DC, and Our Day in Obama’s DC Wasteland. Sara is a great reporter with a keen eye for detail, and every one of these articles tell a story that needs to be told. Kudos, Sara!
This week, Ask Marion took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with a great article.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – The Genderfication of Thought
- The Noisy Room – Dick Armey and the Progressives on the Right – Conservative Betrayal
- The Political Commentator –
What do Martians think about Barack Obama! (Video)
- Simply Jews – Russia’s Sochi Games: if there, you better keep shtum
- The Colossus of Rhodey – All of a sudden, “Redskins” is a nasty term
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Real Reason For Columbus Day?
- Joshuapundit–The Ayatollahs Laugh – Iran’s Nukes And The New ‘Red Lines’
- The Mellow Jihadi – The Navy, Some Pantyhose, and an Inconvenient Typhoon
- Bookworm Room – A friend gets a hard lesson about the “liberal” police state
- The Razor – Sunday Drive-By – Random Shots
- The Glittering Eye –“Your Winnings, Sir”
- VA Right! – A Liberal’s Naive and Unrealistic View of Obamacare Costs and What She Will REALLY Pay
- Nice Deb – White House Official: Obama Would Rather Default Than Sit Down And Negotiate With Republicans
- The Right Planet – Mister ‘No Compromise’ and the Default Position
- Rhymes With Right – Regarding The Debt Ceiling Increase
- Ask Marion – This is the Moment For Action And choice
- Mark Steyn – Park Service Paramilitaries submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Michelle Malkin –http://michellemalkin.com/2013/10/09/occupy-america-citizens-storm-the-barrycades/ submitted by The Noisy Room
- City Journal –Slip Slidin’ Awaysubmitted by The Political Commentator
- The Sad Red Earth – Edward Snowden and the Question of Authority (a Surveillance of Terms) submitted by Simply Jews
- Truth Before Dishonor – A Troll has demanded an explanation submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Project 2049 – China’s Military Strategy in the Asia-Pacific submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Andrew McCarthy – Funding Jihadists while Denying Military Benefits submitted by Joshuapundit
- 1389 Blog – Counterjihad! –Racism Explained to the Liberal World submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- The Federalist–Stop lying to us, America submitted by Bookworm Room
- Gavin McInnes/Taki’s Magazine –Children and Guns: The Hidden Dads submitted by The Razor
- Serdar Yegulalp/InfoWorld Tech Watch Blog – How federal cronies built — and botched — Healthcare.gov submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Liberty News – OOPS! Lefty Daily KOS Blogger Not Happy About Fact his Premiums will DOUBLE Under Obamacare! submitted by VA Right!
- David Horowitz/FrontPageMag –The Threat We Face submitted by Nice Deb
- Habitable Worlds – Emotive But Meaningless submitted by The Right Planet
- Barry Rubin – How to Turn a Campus into an Indoctrination Center submitted by The Watcher
- The Independent Sentinel – Mr. Obamachev, We Tore Down These Walls submitted by Watcher