Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Looks like U.D. still hasn’t fully learned its lesson
- The Political Commentator – The Captured U.S. RQ-170 drone in Iran! Why is Jimmy Carter smiling?
- The Noisy Room – A Square Deal in a Round Hole
- Simply Jews – History (n.), historians (n.)
- Rhymes With Right – Another Dumb-Ass Rick Perry Comment
- New Zeal – Communist Economist John Case Praises Obama’s Osawatomie Speech
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Art Of Containment
- The Right Planet – To Obama: Good Resentment v. Bad Resentment
- Right Truth – Beans And Rice
- VA Right – Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays
- The Razor – Higher Education Bubble: Trades Under Pressure from Illegal Immigration
- Bookworm Room – My Mother’s War, Courtesy Of Pearl Harbor
- The Glittering Eye –Whatever Happened to Dystopia?
- Joshuapundit–Can Men And Women Be Just Friends??
- The Mellow Jihadi – Fracking Butter and the EPA’s Fracking Report
- 912 Super Seniors – American Jobs and Energy Sacrificed to Obama’s Political Ambitions
- Maggie’s Notebook – Barack Obama John Drew: Obama Missing Link – Obama Ardent Marxist Leninist
- Ask Marion – The DNC’s Christmas Gift to Newt Gingrich
- Capitalist Preservation – Considering Our Choices
- Discriminations – Graduate School Administrators Unwittingly Parody Themselves submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Melanie Phillips –The Algorithm of Malice submitted by The Political Commentator
- Mark Steyn –A future looted to bribe the present submitted by The Noisy Room
- Harry’s Place – Did The Guardian’s Seumas Milne spend his gap year training at a PFLP camp in Beirut? submitted by Simply Jews
- The Volokh Conspiracy – Proposed Constitutional Amendment Would Ban Editorials About Candidates or Ballot Measures by Nearly All Newspapers submitted by Rhymes with Right
- JR Nyquist – The Mafia That Rules Russia: An Interview With Luke Harding submitted by New Zeal
- Wings Over Iraq – Well, it’s official: The Beast has been captured submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Ulsterman Report – There Is A Very Uneasy Peace Between President Obama And The American Military submitted by The Right Planet
- HyScience –Obama Administration Giving Islamists a Say Over Our Right to Free Speech submitted by Right Truth
- Yid With Lid – MMFA’s Chief Jew Hater MJ Rosenberg Becomes a Self-Parody submitted by VA Right
- Powerline –Was Fast and Furious All About Gun Control? submitted by The Razor
- Wall Street Journal/Bret Stephens–A Lesson Before Dying submitted by Bookworm Room
- William Voegeli/NoLeftTurns – Osawatomie’s Dichotomies submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Barry Rubin – Middle East: We’re Going to Have a Revolution and We Can Do it the Hard Way or the Easy Way submitted by Joshuapundit
- Bayou Renaissance Man –Self-defense: things happen so fast! submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Liberty’s Spirit – Obfuscated History submitted by The Watcher
- Jihad Watch – Muslim students threaten, force resignation of prof who quoted from Islamic texts submitted by The Watcher