Yes, this time the Democrats will actually go along with real border enforcement. This time, they’re going to insist that after this one more last amnesty,really the last, no mas…we enforce the laws. From now on. Cross their hearts. Pinkie promise.
Trust them, they really are concerned about the good of the country, not merely importing a bunch of low information voters with limited English who can be controlled through a few select media channels and politicians to vote Democrat along ethnic lines and bribed with social welfare goodies.The Democrats would never, ever do that again. Nuh uh.
This time, it’s gonna work! Hold that football steady, Lucy!
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Before we get started, let me remind you that there’s now a seat available on the Watcher’s Council up for grabs.
We’re currently looking at candidates, so if you’re interested, think you qualify or want to find out more about what’s involved in being part of the longest established blogging group of its kind, simply leave a comment with site URL and your e-mail address (which won’t be published) on any article over at Joshuapundit.
These don’t come up all that often and when they do they usually fill up quickly, so don’t snooze.
This week, Crazy Bald Guy, The Pirate’s Cove, Maggie’s Notebook, Ask Marion and Right Reason took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Ah, a gun control Dopey WNJ Letter of the Week
- Joshuapundit–How The UK Sunday Times Observed Holocaust Memorial Day…
- The Political Commentator – What does our future hold: Jim DeMint and Heritage in New York City for the Presidents’ Tour!
- The Noisy Room – The Gathering Red Storm
- Simply Jews – North Korea: why sticks just might work, Charles Armstrong notwithstanding
- The Right Planet – Breaking Through the Right-Left Paradigm
- The Razor – Precious Moments Remembered
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – “What Difference Does It Make?”
- Bookworm Room – Conservatives need to create powerful, sticky messages that lead the electorate to a tipping point
- VA Right! – Meet the New Democrats: A Non-Compromising Unity of Hatred and Intolerance
- The Mellow Jihadi – Alleged Racism at American Idol?
- The Glittering Eye –Rise of the Apparatchiks
- Gay Patriot – A case for conservative optimism
- Rhymes With Right – Doesn’t This Court-Ordered Exile Implicate A Number Of Rights?
- Crazy Bald Guy – Obamapalooza 2013
- Maggie’s Notebook – Sessions Calls for ICE Director John Morton to Resign: Judge Rules ICE Agents Have Standing to Sue Obama on DREAM
- The Pirate’s Cove – Why Do Dems Want Women To Be Unable To Protect Themselves?
- Right Reason – Are We Prepared For The Reality of Women In Combat?
- Ask Marion – The Lesson in the Betrayal of Sarah Palin
- The Atlantic – The Real Cuban Missile Crisis submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Andrew McCarthy – Apes. Pigs And F-16s submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Elder of Ziyon –A personal story for Holocaust Remembrance Day submitted by The Political Commentator
- David Mamet –Gun Laws and the Fools of Chelm submitted by The Noisy Room
- Stormbringer – Destroying The U.S. Military submitted by Simply Jews
- Charles Hurt/Washington Times – Gun Edicts Put Personal Liberty Under Fire submitted by The Right Planet
- Cap Black, The Western Center for Journalism –Being Political And Black Beyond The Democrat/Republican Dynamic submitted by The Razor
- The Compass – Did Israeli Air Force Vote Against An Iran War? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- National Review/Habeeb & Leven–After the Crack-Up submitted by Bookworm Room
- Army Times – Soldier with two new arms: ‘It feels amazing’ submitted by VA Right!
- American Power – David Frum, CNN’s Faux Conservative, Claims Americans ‘Do Not Need Firearms to Protect Themselves, They Are Safer Than Ever Before…’ submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Media Nation – TNR’s new owner crosses a line with Obama interview submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Michael Barone –Obama’s address long on audacity, short on hope submitted by Gay Patriot
- Pirate’s Cove – Sharpton: People Dont Have The Right To Unregulated Rights submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Sultan Knish – Don’t Give Up submitted by The Watcher
- Barry Rubin – Secretary of State Kerry Shows He Doesn’t Have a Clue About How Foreign Policy Works submitted by The Watcher