Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Well guess what…we have another WoW birthday to celebrate!
Yesterday was the big day for our pal Greg over at Rhymes With Right, but I think we’ll celebrate it properly today, with some killer ‘cue, and of course, some well chilled Shiner Bock.
Whaddya say, old friend…can you stand another birthday do? I kinda think so….many, many more.
One of our illustrious Council alumni is also in the news..none other than our good friend David Gerstner, AKA Soccer Dad. David took a bit of a hiatus from blogging for awhile, although he continues to put out his superb Middle East Media samplers on an almost daily basis.
Ah, but the ‘sphere has a lure all it’s own. After getting his feet wet with a couple of great pieces published by Pajamas Media, David let me know he’s back in the game, as a co-blogger/galley slave for Professor Bill Jacobsen over at the superb site Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion.
You can check out his latest piece on LI here. Congrats, David!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, all that said, let’s take a look at what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Question of the Day
- The Noisy Room – An Islamic Coup in India – Mughalistan
- Joshuapundit–Why Europeans Will Never Forgive The Jews For Auschwitz
- The Political Commentator – In death, how do you measure a life?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Iwo Jima Day
- Simply Jews – Pakistan: where it’s a blasphemy to be against the blasphemy laws
- The Razor – The New Scientist Admits Political Bias
- Rhymes With Right – HuffPo Columnist Calls For Obama Dictatorship!
- Bookworm Room – The Oscars — a fitting celebration for a vulgar culture
- VA Right! – CPAC’s Skewed Priorities: Progressive Liberal RINO Bob McDonnell Invited – GoProud Shunned
- The Right Planet – CNN Freaks Out Over Draconian Sequester Cuts, Like the Asteroid Video
- The Glittering Eye –The Incidence of the Corporate Income Tax
- The Mellow Jihadi – My Jihad, Now Improved with Flowers
- Crazy Bald Guy – My review of “Tron: Legacy”
- Ask Marion – LaPierre: ‘Gun Registry Will Be Used to Confiscate Your Guns’… As DOJ Memo: ‘Outlaw and Confiscate All Guns’ Surfaces
- Right Truth – ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ stars support release of jailed doctor who helped U.S. find Usama Bin Laden
- The Pirate’s Cove – Sequestration In Context: US Borrows Cost Of Sequestration Every 28 Days
- Tablet – A World Without Jews submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Walid Shoebat –Prophecy: What Lies Ahead submitted by The Noisy Room
- Andrew McCarthy – Are We Still At War? submitted by Joshuapundit
- International Liberty –Debunking Sequester Hysteria from the Big Spenders in Washington submitted by The Political Commentator
- Battleland/TMP Barnett –About China’s Hacking Army submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Whited Sepulcher – Quotes from The Reality Based Community submitted by Simply Jews
- Zero Hedge –Two Cows: The Infographic submitted by The Razor
- Col-lege In-sur-rection – Millenials rejecting race-based admissions preferences submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Doug Ross–Hitler Finds Out About the Nationwide #DayOfResistance Rallies submitted by Bookworm Room
- Town Hall – Obama’s Paycheck Will be Exempt from Sequester submitted by VA Right!
- American Thinker – The Marxist Heart of Darkness submitted by The Right Planet
- Steve Hess/The Diplomat – Why Wasn’t There A Chinese Spring? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion –San Diego Sheriff’s spokeswoman stereotypes bloggers as 800-pound disabled man that cant get out of bed and be a journalist submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Forbes/Peter Schweizer – As Oscar Nominated Hollywood Moguls Bag Tax Cuts, They Seek To Raise Yours submitted by The Watcher
- The Commentator – Exposing the UN’s dirty little secrets submitted by The Watcher
5 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Sequestration Boogie Man Edition..Boo!”