Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s edition is dedicated to the bravery and the spirit of the people of Japan.
You can, too. Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply e-mail me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Honorable mention’ no later than Monday 6PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – Coming Soon… The Daley Czar
- Joshuapundit –Horror Returns; Sleeping Israeli Family Murdered by Arabs, Including An Infant
- The Political Commentator – If a Japanese sovereign debt default was predicted before, what will happen now? (Video)
- Right Truth – A Closer Look at Rep. Keith Ellison’s Past **UPDATED**
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Ignorance And Hypocrisy
- Bookworm Room – The nuclear plant problem in Japan — and the problem with ideologues in science
- The Razor – The Japanese Earthquake Of 2011
- Rhymes With Right – Opposition To Outrageous Pay And Benefits For Public Employees Isn’t Class Envy
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Nippon Relief
- New Zeal – Is Richard Trumka a DSA Socialist?
- The Glittering Eye –The Policy Of The One Horse Shay
- VA Right – Are Environmentalists to Blame for Japan’s ‘Meltdown’?
- Simply Jews – How do you tell a moron that…
- Snapped Shot – Calculating Protest Coverage
- The Grouch – Should we be Americans First? Is that a Good Thing?
- Capitalist Preservation – One Flew Over Obama’s Mess
- Divided We Stand, United We Fall – Jackass Journalism
- Theo Spark – Legit Ways To Help Tsunami and Earthquake Victims in Nippon
- The Patriot Post–Democratic Socialism submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mark Steyn/The Corner – Dead Jews Is No News submitted by Joshuapundit
- Pajamas Media –Obama, Wright, Farrakhan, and Gaddafi submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sultan Knish – An Open Letter To Harvey Weinstein submitted by Right Truth
- The Chronicle of Higher Education – The Intellectual As Courtier submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Pajamas Media/Charlie Martin–Fear the Media Meltdown, Not the Nuclear One submitted by Bookworm Room
- Gateway Pundit –Madison Students Will Stay After School… submitted by The Razor
- National Association of Scholars/Andrew Bieszad – Islamo-Correctness at Hartford Seminary submitted by Rhymes with Right
- First Take/CFR – Saudi Arabia’s Missteps Into Bahrain submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- RBO – Lying Liars: Center for American Progress Cooks the Numbers for Its Fauxroots ‘Main Street ovement’submitted by New Zeal
- Megan McArdle, The Atlantic – The American President submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Katy’s Conservative Corner – How I Made It With No Health Insurance, No Job, Big Medical Expenses and No Obamacaresubmitted by VA Right
- Elder of Ziyon– Hamas Attacks Unity Rally In Gaza submitted by Simply Jews
- strong>BLACKFIVE – Brian DePalma has American blood on his hands submitted by Snapped Shot
- Nick Gillespie/Reason – 3 Essential Facts About the Current Moment: We’re Out of Money, The Public Sector is Overpaid, & We Can’t Tax Our Way Out of This submitted by The Watcher
- Shrinkwrapped – Oh No, Are Kidz Can’t Lurnsubmitted by The Watcher