Graphic courtesy of the one and only Chris Muir over at Day By Day.
Marine WWII vets after storming the Barrycade to the Marine Memorial in Washington DC.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This weeks’ contest is dedicated to those veterans who weren’t about to let a spiteful, dysfunctional president stop them from honoring their departed comrades, and to the blessed Rav Ovadia Yosef, ZT”L.
This week, Ask Marion , Tel Hai Nation, Maggie’s Notebook, The Independent Sentinel and The Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – Obama: “I Won’t Violate The Constitution, Unless You Make Me…”;
- The Right Planet – Shutdown America
- The Political Commentator – Question: Is this the video of a Mainstream Media traitor* or…
- Liberty’s Spirit – Getting Through the #Barrycades; “OccupyAmerica versus #SpiteHouse, #DNCBullies and #GOPWhiners
- Simply Jews – Bob Mugabe, Mossad, Nikuv, Forward and its lame anti-Zionist paskudnyaks
- Joshuapundit–The Shut Down, And The Madness Of King Obama
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Not Enough
- VA Right! – Why the Richmond Times Dispatch is Still The Richmond Times Disgrace
- Rhymes With Right – Will The Left Denounce Mika Brzezynski For Questioning Patriotism Of Ted Cruz And Other ObamaCare Opponents?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Today’s edition of “What comicbook creators think of you”
- The Glittering Eye –Shutdown Roundup
- Bookworm Room – Los Angeles Times decides whats true and whats false when it comes to climate change and Obamacare
- The Razor – The Razor Celebrates 12 Years Online
- Nice Deb –The Great Government ShutDown Is Becoming Public Relations Debacle For Regime
- The Mellow Jihadi – “Ayo Gorkhali!” Gurkha war cry
- Ask Marion – Books, Knowledge, History, Memories… How Erasing Them Changes Cultures, Countries, The World
- Maggie’s Notebook – $500K Death Benefits for 5 Military Dead In Afghanistan Denied By Obama Due To Shutdown
- Tel Hai Nation – Muslim honor murders increased under PLO this year
- The Independent Sentinel – 8 Good Reasons To Be Angry with Mr. Obama for the Shutdown
- The Pirate’s Cove – Bummer: Ocean Warming Has Slowed Down By 50%
- Mark Steyn – Shutdown Simulacrum submitted by The Noisy Room
- Matt Walsh – An Open Letter To President Obama submitted by The Right Planet
- AISH –The Vanishing American Jew? submitted by The Political Commentator
- WSJ- Review And Outlook – Eric Holder’s 2014 Racial Politics submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mick Hartley – As Despicable as Arses submitted by Simply Jews
- YouTube – Sen. Ted Cruz with Candy Crowley on CNN’s State of the Union submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Compass – Al Qaeda Goes Global submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Watchdog.Org – These 10 songs will help you survive the government shutdown submitted by VA Right!
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – You have to understand, they are not his enemies submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Natural Born Conservative – Give Up 300,000 Federal Workers and then well talk. submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Richard Fernandez/PJMedia – The Plight Of The Navigator submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Melanie Phillips–Yes! The science is settled! Even MORE sunshine can be extracted from cucumbers! submitted by Bookworm Room
- Ira Stoll/Reason –The Upside of the Government Shutdown submitted by The Razor
- Dan Carter/Richochet –When The Bleeding Heart Becomes The Iron Fist: submitted by Nice Deb
- The Commentator – It’s not BBC bias against Israel; it’s hate submitted by The Watcher
- Ross Kaminsky/American Spectator – He’s Just Not That Clever submitted by Watcher
5 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations – Storming The Barrycades Edition”