(Here’s Eric Clapton’s sweet version, and Leadbelly’s original recording, just for contrast)
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to those determined members who dealt with flooding and power outages and still pumped out this week’s fine nominations. Them, and Glenn Beck.Can’t leave him out.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to the ‘Contact Me’ page at Joshuapundit and post a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what goodies we have up this week….
- The Noisy Room – Panetta and R2P to Usher in the American Fall
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Al Gore: climate change skeptics are like old southern racists
- New Zeal – Communist Leader: The Republicans Must be Defeated!
- Joshuapundit-Do Blacks Realize They’ve Been Played By Obama?
- Simply Jews – On The Booming Apology Business
- The Political Commentator – Barack Obama’s Billy Carter? Meet Uncle Omar!
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Adventures Of Abu Muqawama
- The Razor – The Hype Over Obama’s Intellect
- Right Truth – What If The US Had Not Responded As We Did After 9/11?
- Bookworm Room – Learning curves, intelligence and Rick Perry
- VA Right - RedState, Erick Erickson and Jamie Radtke Have Explosive Breakup
- Rhymes With Right – First Amendment Prevails In Florida Teacher Case!
- Snapped Shot – Hate Scouts
- The Glittering Eye -Settled Until it Isn’t
- Monkey In The Middle – The Right To Rape A Child
- Maggie’s Notebook – Obama’s 2011 Jobs Plan, 2010 Jobs Plan, 2009 Jobs Plan: Do Sticky Note
- The Mellow Jihadi – The Dreaded Australian Curse
- Capitalist Preservation – The Obama “Talk to the Hand Tour”: Marthas Vineyard Edition ( warning, NSFW language)
- Caroline Glick –Glenn Beck’s Revealing Visit submitted by The Noisy Room
- Open Market.Org – No, the Government Didn’t Cut Spending During the Great Depression, and More Government Spending Won’t Fix the Economy submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Accuracy In Media – Ron Paul Reportedly Cuts Ties to Russian Channel submitted by New Zeal
- Barry Rubin – A Lesson from Egypt for American Politics submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Contentious Centrist – About Teachers And Moral Courage submitted by Simply Jews
- Yid With Lid -Deja Vu all over again submitted by The Political Commentator
- Gun Powder And Lead – On ‘Women and the commentariat’ submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Naked Capitalism/Matt Stoller –What Eric Schneiderman Reveals About Obama submitted by The Razor
- Sister Toldjah -Quote of the Day: Melissa Clouthier on pundits worried about political “form” – plus commentary submitted by Right Truth
- Pajamas Media/Roger L. Simon-Krugman Against Science submitted by Bookworm Room
- American Thinker – Virginia’s Political Earthquake, and Its Little Hurricane submitted by VA Right
- The Chive – Not Cool, Best Buy (1 Photo) submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Ace of Spades HQ – Extremely Well-Rested and Relaxed President Cuts 10 Day Vacation Short By One Day submitted by Snapped Shot
- Via Meadia – New Blue Nightmare: Clarence Thomas and the Amendment of Doom submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Daniel Pipes – Obama’s Pretend Counterterrorism Policy submitted by The Watcher
- Doug Ross – Mission Accomplished! submitted by The Watcher