Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best posts in each category, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
- The multi-talented Tom White over at Virginia Right! has a brand new song up at YouTube, ‘The Eric Cantor Blues’. Tasty!
- Debra Heine at Nice Deb has a great piece over at Breitbart giving us the low down on the latest doings of the Tea Party Express with Tea Party Express Launches Ninth National Bus Tour
- Yours truly at Joshuapundit has a new piece up at the Times of Israel on Mahmoud Abbas and his threat to dissolve the Palestinian Authority if all his demands aren’t met, Farewell To Abbas And The PA? Good Riddance
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for that week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without further ado, let’s see what we have this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – Don’t Conflate Freedom to Protest and Insurrection
- Simply Jews – The wondrous stutter of Andrew Sullivan
- The Noisy Room – The Western States: A Return To Sovereignty
- The Independent Sentinel – Agenda 21, A Plan to Take Your Land and Give It to Tortoises and Pagosa Skyrockets
- Joshuapundit-The Serpent’s Tongue – An Open Letter To Catherine Ashton, EU Policy Chief
- Ask Marion – The Right Picture (Graphic) Is Worth More Than a 1000 Words
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – DDG 1000
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Most Laughable Attempt at Skewing the Facts of the Day
- Nice Deb – Media Obsesses Over Chelsea Clinton’s Baby News – Ignores IRS/DOJ Email Bombshell
- VA Right! - Dear Pat Mullins: Shaun Kenney MUST RESIGN From RPV or the Conventions and Primaries are TAINTED
- Bookworm Room – Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander: a petition to denounce and condemn billionaire Tom Steyer
- The Razor – The Spark In Nevada
- The Right Planet – Journey to the Center of the Common Core – Pt. 1
- The Glittering Eye -Risk, Rent, and Taxes
- Rhymes With Right – Boats ‘N Hoes PAC – The Slate-Maker Connection
- Midknight Review – Make Easter that time of year that finds you in agreement with Peter
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – The UN: What is it Good For?
- Jewish American Patriots – The Four Questions Updated
- Gulag Bound – Wildlands Project, Agenda 21, and its Future Enforcers (hardly just the #BundyRanch)
- The Pirate’s Cove – Happy Earth Day! It’s A Shame Warmists Won’t Sacrifice For Their Beliefs
- Charles C.W. Cooke/NRO – The Problem with Cliven Bundy submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Jacobinism – Prepare For Integrism! Radical Jew Hatred & the Decolonial Shakedown submitted by Simply Jews
- Mark Steyn/The Spectator –The slow death of free speech submitted by The Noisy Room
- Doug Ross @ Journal –Rahm Emanuel At It Again: Chicago’s crime rate reportedly doctored to hide Democrat policy failures submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- USA Today -IRS revokes group’s tax exemption over anti-Clinton statements submitted by Ask Marion
- Bob Owens/Bearing Arms – The Cancer, The Militia, And Cliven Bundy submitted by Joshuapundit
- War Is Boring – Russia’s Fearsome New MiGs Could Be Lemons submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The College Fix – Sorority Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Display of School Spirit submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- J.Christian Adams/PJ Media -A New, More Sinister IRS Scandal submitted by Nice Deb
- Western Journalism – Reid’s Ominous Threat: “Something Will Happen” To Bundy Family submitted by VA Right!
- American Thinker/David Archibald-Say Goodbye To Egypt submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Ron Paul Institute –Nevada Standoff a Symptom of Increasing Authoritarianism submitted by The Razor
- The New American – Indiana Replaces Common Core … With Common Core
submitted by The Right Planet
- Walt Mossberg/ReCode – Why Apple Is Like a Movie Studio submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Jay Cost/Weekly Standard – The Conservative Case Against Obamacare: A Restatement submitted by The Watcher
- Daniel Schuchman/WSJ – Thomas Piketty Revives Marx for the 21st Century submitted by The Watcher
- Hen Mazzig – An Israeli Soldier to American Jews: Wake up! submitted by Watcher
5 Responses to “Watcher’s Council Nominations – The Shot Heard ‘Round The World Edition”